whats for dinner? 7.3.05

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

I got some beefsteak tomatoes at the flea market yesterday CHEAP, so I think I'll make marinara sauce and have either spagetti or stuffed shells. I've got one of those Caesar salads in a bag
(everything included-love it!) and fresh cauliflower to go with it.
I got some nice tomatoes too, I didn't realize they were in season this early?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes! You guys are making my mouth water!!

I think it's going to be "clean up the leftovers bin" night, but that's often quite interesting. I know there are some potatoes in there that will fry up beautifully -- or work into a casserole of some sort, depending on what else I find. And either hamburger patties or meatloaf.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Nothing wrong with that. When I crave something, it's usually soup (I hoard tomato soup, which drives hubby crazy. "Do you realize that you have 25 cans of Campbell's tomato soup, 3 lbs. of frozen tomato soup, and three boxes of powdered tomato soup?"). At least he doesn't count the cans of tuna (generally 5 or 6)!
He missed the 13 liters of juiced tomatoes left over from last summer's crop in Saturday's tirade!
Wow. That's a lot of cans! I don't have that many cans altogether of anything. We know who to call for an embergency supply of tomato soup.

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You guys are making me hungry!
Tonight it's shrimp scampi with angelhair pasta & a garlic & wine sauce.
P.S. I love tomato soup, too! With lots of crackers.

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shrimp stir fry (out of a bag...) and corn on the cob. My boys love corn on the cob.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm curious, how many plan their meals out way ahead? I kind of do, I get a general idea of what I will have a given week, but I fudge a little as time goes by (not in a meat mood or something like that let's say...)

I have a friend who plans hers weekly and sticks to it to a tea.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to do menus and plan for a week at a time. Now I eat whatever I am in the mood for, or have the patience to cook.

Last night I made spaghetti, and since I have no idea how to cook for one, I am having leftovers tonight.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hardly plan at all. I much prefer to respond to the moment. I like a well stocked fridge, freezer and pantry, so that that's possible. The organizational thing that I DO do, is I keep a log of what we have had, so that when I'm pondering what to do, I can look back and see that we're overdue for [whatever] or have had [whatever] rather more frequently in the last little while than I realized.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to plan weekly but Eric gets called in many times last minute (the work-junkie can't say "No, sorry!") so we either end up wasting a lot of food or we come up short and then it's a dash out to get something. But sometimes, it works: like I did an entire whole salmon last night with butter and dill and will freeze 2/3 of it; lots of salads, and roasted chicken keeps really well too!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We couldnt be bothered cooking so we had mexican - I had my pollo fundido which is chicken breast with melted goats milk cheese and a quacamole salad - the waiter knows exactly how I like it - without the beans and rice, a perfect meal for me. And last week, they had run out of chicken breasts so he asked me if I would mind chicken strips instead and that was fine with me and when I tried it, it was so much better that I asked for it again tonight and they were too happy to oblige!
I love our mexican restaurant!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe,
id love to plan weekly too but bf always has a mixed up mind!

haitwun

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
egg and bacon breakfast burrito. only takes 7 minutes

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it is the 8th here and I'm not sure what we are going to have for dinner yet probably some cold meats and salad. Right now I am eating a Apricot Chicken Roll. Last night I ended up having BBQ Steak, Mashed potatoes and fresh beans. It was delicious!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

I'll say that was! Apricot chicken roll? Sounds very gourmet!
Eddie, I don't know about gourmet but it was delicious! A fresh baked roll with Apricot stuffed chicken, fresh lettuce, edam cheese and some beetroot!

MMMMM!