What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was our stay home "date night". We ordered thai food, drank wine and did a puzzle.

Tonight is butter chicken for dinner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We're going over to my sister's for dinner tonight. My nephew and his family have come home for the weekend and they brought a huge turkey with the. Turkey dinner with all the trimmings tonight! She ordered a shoo-fly pie and a lemon meringue pie from a local restaurant for dessert. She told me not to bring a thing; she said that I'm always baking and giving stuff to them and this is a way for her to pay me back. So I don't have to cook anything! 

I'm taking a few bottles of wine.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue, but need to decide in the next hour or so.  Right now, I'm thinking possibly egg salad sandwiches.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Made a huge salad with a hard boiled egg, and some cheese for protein....

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Cambell's soup Italian style wedding soup with a cup of brown rice - trying HARD to not eat JUNK

Calzones taste best in the oven Winchester but Jon has nuked bread in the microwave..gagk!

funny story-I found this recipe for grilled cheese=you use tomatoes. bacon cheese and butter the bread=I ran out of time to cook another samwiche two nights ago=I buttered the bread and left it on the counter to cook last night (it's salted butter) and ding dong put it in the microwave and ate it like It is LOL. I told him you ate your supper I was going to make you!

It's on the cover of Hannaford's grocery store self publish recipe magazine=it came out wonderful=that's what we had two nights in a row=I have a tiny non stick pan and just butter the outter end=slap it into the pan with nonstick butter sprayed first-then you cook bacon in the nuker=cut up= put cheese on the bread then cut up bacon and add tomatoes then add another slice of cheese ontop-then the other slice of bread with the outter edge buttered...oh my I think I could eat those every night! It reminds me of Clam Haven in Derry NH=they have hot dogs in buns that you cook on the grill with real butter...oh that buttery bread taste! And since it's part of my high fat complex carb diet I can eat it. I have to steer far away from simple sugars..it helps cut down my appetite..food..I dream about it.
  If I come back as another being it's going to be something that eats all the time and not get big lol.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

I had planned a chop with green beans and potatoes in a parm/garlic sauce, but I'm having a preview of vertigo season so I did a hot dot instead.  I can nuke it in 45 seconds which really lessens the chance of my falling over in the floor while cooking...never a good thing.
 Take care of yourself, vertigo is definitely a challenge speaking from experience. 

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a pre made chicken and bacon cesar salad from walmart it was delicious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Meatloaf (Rick wants it and he said he'd make it) with scalloped potatoes. And since the oven will be on, I'm going to roast some carrots.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
If the arugula I bought last week is still in decent shape, it will be an arugula salad. If not, zucchini noodles with turkey meatballs.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The pork loin didn't thaw in time for last night, so it has been moved to tonight's roster.  I do wish I had a sweet potato, but alas!  The bin is bare!  I shall find a "sumpin" to have with it!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having some broiled chicken thighs, with some corn... 

My dad showed me how to make  delicious broiled chicken thighs, which is the closest we could ever find to grilling them...

Just plain.. basted with butter at the end... awesome... love them this way..

I got 3 thighs at the butcher's.. I broiled all three.. I will have the largest one for today and tomorrow.. then it is Ash Wednesday--supposed to be a fasting day, but I cannot fast.. I never could. I will try to eat a small meatless meal, but that is all I can do. 

I will have the largest thigh for today and tomorrow; freeze the other 2.  I can take out the cooked thighs to put in a salad either over the weekend or next week... I need to start my diet.. I think I will try to begin on Wednesday. I am enjoying myself until then; actually cleaning out all the bad stuff from the cabinets!! and the last of the alcoholic beverages... 

I did that last year, started going to the gym---very limited, easy exercises, which resulted in me losing 20 lbs over the summer... I really want to repeat that weight loss this year... fingers crossed that I can...

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a grilled cheese sandwich, the last of the macaroni salad, a handful of (generic) cheez-it's, and some strawberry jello. i haven't eaten much today so far, was busy getting some things done to organize/prepare for this weeks tasks, so am making sure to eat a good meal for my dinner.

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went to an odd grocery store after going for a hike in another town and found a big bag of lentils for a buck. Since he has never tried lentils, I made a yummy lentil soup with tomatoes and spinach leave, among other ingredients. So I'm having lentil soup.

Status
Not open for further replies.