What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Steak and polish kielbasa on the BBQ and fresh canned peaches and baked beans on the side.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
turkey and cheese on flatbread-dunkin donuts. it was ok. and 4 orders of hashbrowns-there are only 6 pieces each one. i ate 1.5 of them and just finished the rest now. they are really good. herbed type seasoning with crispy potato. and only $.80 each serving-still cheaper than a large fry at mcds. oh and i ate 3-4 celery stalks plain. and water.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have some burgers in the freezer that Rick had done on the grill a couple weeks ago, so I got them out last night. No bun for me. We're having salads to go with.

janem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Went to farmers market and the kale was really cheap this week! Got two boxes of somekind of potatoes that have red skins. Thinking of steaming them together and serving them with vinegar and hot sauce.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A salad. I haven't decided yet if it is going to be a scallop caeser or turkey sausage/apple/blue cheese over some lettuce from the garden.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
either a peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickle slices sandwich, or a peanut butter and concord grape jelly sandwich. probably a handful of pretzels. and vanilla pudding for dessert.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Grilled pork chops with some kind of veggie.
That's tonight's menu. I took a couple boneless chops out of the freezer last night to be grilled tonight. I'm going to use Penzey's Bavarian Seasoning on them, then baste them with a bit of Trader Joe's Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce while they're grilling.

Probably just a salad to go with the chops, although I'm thinking about making just a wee bit of coleslaw instead of a veggie salad. I have some cabbage in the fridge to use up and there's some fresh broccoli and some baby carrots that I can shred and add to the mix.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's tonight's menu. I took a couple boneless chops out of the freezer last night to be grilled tonight. I'm going to use Penzey's Bavarian Seasoning on them, then baste them with a bit of Trader Joe's Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce while they're grilling.

Probably just a salad to go with the chops, although I'm thinking about making just a wee bit of coleslaw instead of a veggie salad. I have some cabbage in the fridge to use up and there's some fresh broccoli and some baby carrots that I can shred and add to the mix.
We ended up having broccoli/cauliflower bake with ours. Not the healthiest but yummy.

Tonight is pizza. It's the last night the pizza place is 50% off. My sister is coming over to go shopping with me tonight (I desperately need clothes that fit for Cuba) so it will be a quick dinner.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm thinking some vanilla yogurt, some sweet bread & butter pickle slices, some raw cauliflower and celery pieces with some salad dressing dip, a handful of mini pretzels, and some vanilla pudding for dessert. not a 'conventional' dinner...but then, i'm not a conventional type person.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I took some BBQ chicken out of the freezer last night (it's what we had on Memorial Day) to have for dinner tonight. A wee bit of coleslaw leftover from last night. And I'm going make Roasted Salt and Vinegar Potatoes (a recipe from Cook's Country and they are decadent).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My sister's community is having fireworks tonight. We're lucky in that we go over and park in their driveway and flop down on the front porch to watch the show. Then we sit around and chat until all the other people leave and all the traffic is gone. Then we go home. No looking for a parking space, no trying to find a place to sit down, no traffic. So we're heading over for dinner, then to watch the fireworks.

She's doing pulled pork in the oven and a pasta salad. I'm making crock pot beans and a veggie tray with Smoky Thousand Island Dressing/Dip (it's a low-fat, low-calorie dressing). I made cookies yesterday afternoon to take over for dessert. We also have mint tea wine for watching the fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.