What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
junk today,,, came down sick with a bad respiratory virus....2 cups black tea, hummus with chips, some potato chips and now som lrmon ginger tea with honey....
when I have a sore throat, I want chip! the salt..oh and I also had bagel with cream cheese at 4am because I was up for a long while, could not sleep.
Right now I have a sore throat, dripping-stuffed nose, ears hurting, cough, headache and just feeling miserable...Just took some mucinex....
AT first I thought it was allergies/asthma, but I had a fever this afternoon and was shaking cuz I was cold. It is 64 degrees out now...Went through 1/2 box of tissues, so far...

sorry guys, when I get sick, I whine.... It has been 3 years since I had a bad cold...have had lots of other real serious stuff, but a cold, no...
I usually end up with asthmatic bronchitis or pneumonia....and it lasts weeks, if not months....

whiney me...
Feel better.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Left overs. Left over mac and cheese, coleslaw, fried sausages and an avocado.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Feel better.
Thanks guys...Still not feeling well...I think it is a sinus infection which is aggravating my asthma....One more day and I see my doc...Monday is a holiday in Boston.Patriots Day. The Marathon....

I am not feeling like eating at all...

In two days, all I had was a few chips and a couple of english muffins...trying to force fluids down...

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys...Still not feeling well...I think it is a sinus infection which is aggravating my asthma....One more day and I see my doc...Monday is a holiday in Boston.Patriots Day. The Marathon....
In two days, all I had was a few chips and a couple of english muffins...trying to force fluids down...
My sinus infection just won't go away. It has been about 2.5 weeks now. Hopefully you are feeling better soon.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My sinus infection just won't go away. It has been about 2.5 weeks now. Hopefully you are feeling better soon.
Are you taking any meds for it? I know they do not prescribe antibiotics easily now, but it seems like it is time for you to take them...jmo

I am only sleeping in 2 hour stretches, dozing a lot during the day...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Probably the leftover pot pie from yesterday. It's rainy and chilly today, perfect for some comfort food.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say keep drinking. Never mind about eating. The liquid is more important.
Best of luck for the Boston marathon this year.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you taking any meds for it? I know they do not prescribe antibiotics easily now, but it seems like it is time for you to take them...jmo

I am only sleeping in 2 hour stretches, dozing a lot during the day...
I have a prescription nasal spray but not antibiotics.

I have no idea what we will have for dinner tonight. My son has his 6 month appointment and vaccinations this afternoon so I won't be home to cook.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is chief cook tonight because I have a Planning Commission meeting and won't get home til after 6:00. We have a few waffles in the freezer from the last time I made waffles and he took a small link of country sausage out of the freezer last night and stuck it in the fridge to thaw.

Sausage and waffles for supper tonight.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making applesauce bbq chicken. It's a new recipe and it's supposed to be for the crock pot but I'm marinating the chicken in it and going to cook it in the oven.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making applesauce bbq chicken. It's a new recipe and it's supposed to be for the crock pot but I'm marinating the chicken in it and going to cook it in the oven.[/quote

sounds good. Tell how it comes out?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It turned out alright but I think it would be better in the crock pot. The flavors were good, but the sauce didn't stay on the chicken very well.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm making applesauce bbq chicken. It's a new recipe and it's supposed to be for the crock pot but I'm marinating the chicken in it and going to cook it in the oven.
I have a recipe for applesauce bbq spare ribs. They're supposed to be done in microwave and, when I don't have a lot of time, I do them in the microwave. But I love baking them in the oven with the bbq sauce. 

Rick is chief cook again tonight as I have a hair appt at 5:00. Whatever he wants to do about dinner is fine with me.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I have a recipe for applesauce bbq spare ribs. They're supposed to be done in microwave and, when I don't have a lot of time, I do them in the microwave. But I love baking them in the oven with the bbq sauce. 

Rick is chief cook again tonight as I have a hair appt at 5:00. Whatever he wants to do about dinner is fine with me.
With all this talk about BBQ ribs and chicken makes me want some. I've never heard of applesauce BBQ so I'm heading over to Google to look it up...

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With all this talk about BBQ ribs and chicken makes me want some. I've never heard of applesauce BBQ so I'm heading over to Google to look it up...
Applesauce bbq (at least the recipe I used) was equal parts bbq sauce and apple sauce, some black pepper, chili powder and brown sugar. I used original bbq sauce but I think it would be better with a flavoured sauce. I love honey garlic sauce but we can't use honey because my son can't have it since he's under a year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.