What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A group of us from work is going out to Red Robin tonight for dinner. We normally go for Mexican, but found out that our favorite (and pretty much only area) Mexican restaurant closed down. Shame, too, as they had delicious margaritas. Somebody suggested Red Robin and it's been a while since any of us were there, so Red Robin it is. I'm meeting one of the ladies 30 minutes earlier because we're pretty close and it's been a long time since we've seen each other. 

And then after dinner, she and I are driving down to Dunkin' Donuts for coffee and more "we" time.
I hope the margaritas were good.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I hope the margaritas were good.
The margaritas were not good....I was disappointed. Expensive, too, and not the greatest at all.

But I had a black and blue burger and a few fries. Love blue cheese burgers! 

And the company was great....honestly, I needed to laugh last night. My GF said the same thing. We needed to get out and just belly-laugh. And we did. There were five of us, four women and one man (Bob, my co-worker). We had such a good time. When we all get together, we're "that" group. The group nobody wants to sit next to because we're laughing so hard and because we're pretty loud. But we always have a fantastic time. And last night, we all needed that. I know I did.

Either pizza tonight or maybe calzones, depending on how lazy I feel. I took a nice dough ball out of the freezer and threw it in the fridge last night. If I'm lazy, I can throw together a quick pizza; it's less work than making calzones. But we haven't had calzones in a while. hmmmmm 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh that's too bad about the Mexican restaurant, Pam. :(

I honestly don't know what is for supper here. I just went over all of the options with Aaron and I think I am going to make a lower fat pizza and have a slice or two with an arugula salad.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Pizza! Not homemade, though. I stopped to pick some up on the way home from work, and found that my husband had done the same thing. :lol3:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Getting pizza tonight too. It's been a rough week and I just don't want to cook. So I will be picking up pizza up after work.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
junk today,,, came down sick with a bad respiratory virus....2 cups black tea, hummus with chips, some potato chips and now som lrmon ginger tea with honey....

when I have a sore throat, I want chip! the salt..oh and I also had bagel with cream cheese at 4am because I was up for a long while, could not sleep.

Right now I have a sore throat, dripping-stuffed nose, ears hurting, cough, headache and just feeling miserable...Just took some mucinex....

AT first I thought it was allergies/asthma, but I had a fever this afternoon and was shaking cuz I was cold. It is 64 degrees out now...Went through 1/2 box of tissues, so far...

sorry guys, when I get sick, I whine.... It has been 3 years since I had a bad cold...have had lots of other real serious stuff, but a cold, no...

I usually end up with asthmatic bronchitis or pneumonia....and it lasts weeks, if not months....

whiney me...

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
junk today,,, came down sick with a bad respiratory virus....2 cups black tea, hummus with chips, some potato chips and now som lrmon ginger tea with honey....
when I have a sore throat, I want chip! the salt..oh and I also had bagel with cream cheese at 4am because I was up for a long while, could not sleep.
Right now I have a sore throat, dripping-stuffed nose, ears hurting, cough, headache and just feeling miserable...Just took some mucinex....
AT first I thought it was allergies/asthma, but I had a fever this afternoon and was shaking cuz I was cold. It is 64 degrees out now...Went through 1/2 box of tissues, so far...

sorry guys, when I get sick, I whine.... It has been 3 years since I had a bad cold...have had lots of other real serious stuff, but a cold, no...
I usually end up with asthmatic bronchitis or pneumonia....and it lasts weeks, if not months....

whiney me...
Hope you feel better soon. I have a sinus infection that's driving me crazy.

We had chicken burgers, potato wedges and salad. I made the salad with all local produce (leaf lettuce, carrots, cucumber and mushrooms). It was really good.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hope you feel better soon. I have a sinus infection that's driving me crazy.

We had chicken burgers, potato wedges and salad. I made the salad with all local produce (leaf lettuce, carrots, cucumber and mushrooms). It was really good.
I used to get sinus infections constantly. Now It goes from the sinuses to the chest....Yes, it is 1:45am and I am still up.

I hope you feel better...have you tried making ginger tea? It was suggested by a co-worker a while ago. I always make a bunch of it when I get sick. 

Just get some ginger root, peel it, slice or grate, steep in a pan of hot water and then strain the ginger out. I mix some honey with mine. I put it in the refrigerator. When I want it, I just heat it up in the microwave...the steam is good, and the heat feels good going down...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Artiemom, I hope you're feeling better soon. Rick gets sinus infections, too. 

We are going out to dinner with Rick's sister and BIL. We need to talk about their parents as they are very elderly and there are some serious problems they're having. We figured we'd have dinner while we're talking. There's a new Italian restaurant that we're going to try. 

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Winchester...not really...but I do have an appointment with my PCP on Tuesday, for a physical. At least if she feels I need any scripts she can evaluate me....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am making beef pot pie and taking it to Rick's parents. We will have dinner with them, I will clean up afterward, and then we're coming back home to do some work around the yard. So it's the pot pie, with a bit of coleslaw, and some cupcakes as a bit of dessert. Made the cupcakes last night; all they need is the frosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.