What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So i don't have to worry that your starving yourself.
no, no worries there. i just try to make use of everything i possibly can, try to lead a frugal lifestyle. because i do, i'm more easily able to buy the nice things i'd like to for snick and jasper, and work through the home improvements i have planned more quickly.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having butter chicken. The last of it from when we bought it at Costco a couple of weeks ago. It's in the fridge thawing and I will put it in the oven in about an hour.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester and I are on the same page.

We just had a nice bowl of split pea soup made with the ham bone from Christmas, topped off with some croutons.  I made a huge crockpot of it and this was in the freezer.  Perfect for a very cold winter night.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester and I are on the same page.

We just had a nice bowl of split pea soup made with the ham bone from Christmas, topped off with some croutons.  I made a huge crockpot of it and this was in the freezer.  Perfect for a very cold winter night.
That sounds good with croutons. I have some in the freezer.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Sivyaleah, my husband's favorite soup is split pea. A great way to use that ham bone! 

My sister and I are doing shopping tonight and we're taking the guys with us (much to their chagrin, I'm sure). We're all going out for dinner at a local restaurant tonight.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been back to cooking again the past few days! :woo: :lol3:

We had shrimp and vegetables in a green curry on Wednesday and sausage and lentil soup last night because it is just so cold and raw. I'm going to freeze the rest of the soup because Aaron feels like something different tonight. I've taken some meatballs out of the freezer.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rotisserie chicken, jacket potatoes and coleslaw. Sorry. I love it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We did some shopping for Rick's mom this morning. While we were out, she made a couple pans of mac and cheese and gave us a small pan for our lunch. It was just delicious.

For our supper tonight, it's just soup. I have a recipe for Hearty Leek and Potato Soup that I want to try. It calls for bacon, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, lots of garlic and other seasons, and some vegetable broth. It also calls for sour cream, but I don't "do" sour cream; I don't care for sour cream much at all. It's a reduced fat soup, so I'd like to try it and see what it's like. It's supposed to be a starter dish, but I think it will be fine for Saturday night supper, maybe with some apple muffins.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We did some shopping for Rick's mom this morning. While we were out, she made a couple pans of mac and cheese and gave us a small pan for our lunch. It was just delicious.

For our supper tonight, it's just soup. I have a recipe for Hearty Leek and Potato Soup that I want to try. It calls for bacon, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, lots of garlic and other seasons, and some vegetable broth. It also calls for sour

cream, but I don't "do" sour cream; I don't care for sour cream much at all. It's a reduced fat soup, so I'd like to try it and see what it's like. It's supposed to be a starter dish, but I think it will be fine for Saturday night supper, maybe with some apple muffins.
You could use yoghurt unless you don't do yoghurt either.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure about tonight yet since we are going to the in laws. Last night at medieval times, we had garlic bread, tomato bisque, chicken, a rib, roasted potato and an apple pastry. I had a glass off white wine with my dinner which was really nice since I haven't had one in a year.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
When I made lasagna for our Christmas dinner, I made another small pan with the leftover cheese, sauce and noodles and stuck it in the freezer. Rick got that out this morning to thaw a bit. That will be our dinner tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.