What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Judy!  We played one game of Shang Hai Rummy and then switched over to Cat-Opoly.

Like Monopoly, only with cat breeds as properties, Going to Water instead of to Jail, and landing on Catnip instead of Free Parking, things like that. The "railroads" are Copy Cat, Stray Cat,
Scaredy Cat, etc. Instead of paying Income Tax, you pay a Flea Tax.  Instead of buying houses, you buy litterboxes. And instead of changing the houses to hotels, you change the litterboxes over to large Fishbones. My GF won the game. They went home a little after midnight, I think.
That sounds like great fun.
What time is it where you are? Here it's nearly 3.15pm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Turkey vegetable soup with some kind of muffins or cornbread. It's a cold day, so soup will be perfect tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

I love that stuff. Perfect for a winter day! My mom makes the best so hopefully she can make it soon.
So do we. I haven't made it in a while.

Our turkey soup last night was OK. But just OK. Too much curry, IMO. Rick liked it.

I'm thinking of grilled ham slices tonight, with chunked roasted sweet potatoes. (I have a huge sweet potato leftover from Christmas that I should get used.)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm making a batch of potato dill soup today. it has velveeta in it too. well, not sure if i have any dried dill. if i don't, then it'll be a cheesy potato soup.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's in goulash? My dad made something when I was a kid that he called goulash but I don't think it actually was.

I would love some turkey soup. I make it with veggies, rice and tomato juice. Yum! Too bad I can't eat anything turkey (not even stuffing or gravy) while nursing Hudson. :(

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
There are two versions of goulash, at least around here. One is Hungarian Goulash, with beef chunks, lots of paprika, tomatoes (with some recipes, but not all) and sour cream, Here, we usually have it over noodles and I usually throw some sliced mushrooms and red wine into the mix, too. I like to really crust the beef chunks with my seasoning before browning them.

The other version is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, tomatoes, cheese, and seasonings (sauteed onions, green peppers, basil, oregano, etc.). My sister makes a mean ground beef goulash; it's delicious.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are two versions of goulash, at least around here. One is Hungarian Goulash, with beef chunks, lots of paprika, tomatoes (with some recipes, but not all) and sour cream, Here, we usually have it over noodles and I usually throw some sliced mushrooms and red wine into the mix, too. I like to really crust the beef chunks with my seasoning before browning them.

The other version is made with ground beef, elbow macaroni, tomatoes, cheese, and seasonings (sauteed onions, green peppers, basil, oregano, etc.). My sister makes a mean ground beef goulash; it's delicious.
That second one is kind of like what my dad made but I'm pretty sure he put vegetable soup in it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my dinner plan has changed. i made the potato dill soup this morning -- i did have dried dill to put in it. but i saved the potato peels and have them in water in the fridge. later this afternoon/evening, i'll drain them and dry them off between paper towels, then toss them with some oil and salt/pepper, place them on a baking sheet and in the oven until they're cooked and crispy/browned around the edges. that'll be my dinner tonight. i'll start on the potato dill soup tomorrow.

btw -- it's a high of 5 degrees F here today, so hot soup will be perfect.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that enough food @mickNksnicks2mom?
oh, yes. the baked potato skins will be plenty -- they're from 12 potatoes. plus i have yogurt, cheese sliced from cheese chunks, and oatmeal or cream of wheat as i want it. i always eat light in the afternoons and evenings, many small snacks. my main meal of the day is at lunch -- today's lunch is a serving of beef burrito casserole and some of the rustic raspberry cheese tart.

Status
Not open for further replies.