What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pasta with spicy tomato sauce, chickpeas, vegetables, and cheese with garlic bread and bread n' butter pickles.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had gumbo and garlic toast. Yummy. My first time having gumbo. Banana cream pie for dessert.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made a big pot of (semi) vegetarian vegetable soup yesterday.....used some beef broth in the liquid, so it's not really vegetarian. I weighed each ingredient as it was added to the pot and then figured out the final amount of soup. It came out to 118+ calories per cup (I just said 120 calories and let it go at that). Saved some to have for dinner tonight and put the rest of the soup in containers in the freezer. 

Used Boca crumbles, onion, celery, some green peppers, garlic and carrots. Then added roasted tomatoes and beef broth, diced potatoes, limas, green beans, corn and peas. 

I love vegetable soup. Rick's not crazy about the Boca crumbles, but he said the soup had a good flavor anyway.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tuna-stuffed baked potatoes.

I know, sounds weird, doesn't it? Rick just kind of looked at me and said, "Huh?" And then shook his head and told me how lucky I was to be married to him (because not many men would put up with some of the food I make). But we shall see. Probably with some peas with thyme.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it came out well and that rick liked it.

Chicken, potatoes and salad.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonton soup - homemade beef stock with a couple of homemade pork wontons (ground pork, soy sauce, sesame oil, egg all mixed together, then teaspoon of filling in each nasoya wonton wrapper - and I froze the extra wontons)

Stir fry of shrimp, carrots, broccoli, celery, onion over thin noodles

Chocolate chip cookie for dessert.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Wonton soup - homemade beef stock with a couple of homemade pork wontons (ground pork, soy sauce, sesame oil, egg all mixed together, then teaspoon of filling in each nasoya wonton wrapper - and I froze the extra wontons)

Stir fry of shrimp, carrots, broccoli, celery, onion over thin noodles

Chocolate chip cookie for dessert.
That sounds delicious!

Last night til we got home, I was starving and there was no way I was actually cooking dinner, not even soup or anything. For some reason I just couldn't wait long enough to make dinner. So while I was putting the groceries away and feeding the cats their supper, I threw a frozen pizza in the oven; til I was done with my chores, the pizza was ready.

So tonight we are having the tuna-stuffed baked potatoes that we didn't have last night. . 

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maple-dijon chicken, another pinterest recipe. A little apprehensive as a commenter said it tasted like honey mustard which I'm not a huge fan of. But that's usually the prepackaged dressings/sauces, so maybe this will still be yummy. Broccoli & cauliflower on the side.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making homemade meatballs and (packaged) gnocchi with tomato sauce and cheese. I wanted it a couple days ago but forgot I had no eggs for the meatballs.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gnocchi is one of those things I have never tried but it sounds interesting.  I watch Food Network some and it seems to be one of the popular things that get made.

twinkles21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Turkey burgers and potato-tomato bake. This will be the first time I've made the PT Bake, so I hope its good. I made zucchini fries yesterday and they were pretty good.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gnocchi is one of those things I have never tried but it sounds interesting.  I watch Food Network some and it seems to be one of the popular things that get made.
I love it. I've never made it myself just bought it from the store. It only needs to cook for a very short amount of time or it goes chewy and gummy.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grilled fish with tomato salsa and mashed potatoes. Not bad but they give small helpings.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

I've made gnocchi. It's kind of a pain in the butt to make because you have all the little rolls that you press with a fork to get those marks. Very time-consuming, like making potstickers (which takes me hours, too). I tried Emeril Lagasse's recipe for butternut gnocchi with balsamic vinegar and that was really good. I don't think I would make it all the time.

Anyway, tonight's dinner will be beef fajitas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.