What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, that lentil soup was actually quite good. Rick said he really liked it. We had a 100-calorie English muffin with the soup.

Somebody is selling hoagies at Rick's work  and he usually buys them. Today, however, he is only buying one and we may just split it. Or he can eat it himself and I will have a tuna sandwich tonight instead of hoagie. I'm kind of in the mood for a tuna sandwich, so that would be OK with me. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick did not buy a hoagie from work yesterday. He said he didn't want to eat it in front of me, not when I'm trying to change my eating habits and lose weight. So when we got home last night, I made Pizza Pasta. It kind of tasted like pizza, but used whole-wheat farfalle pasta. Diced tomatoes and chunked turkey pepperoni. I added sauteed onions and peppers to the mix. Topped with a low-fat Italian blend of cheese. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't overly impressed with it.

I'm thinking tonight's the night for the tuna sandwiches. Now that I mentioned them, Rick said he could probably eat a nice tuna melt. That would be good for a quick Friday night supper.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made steak stir fry but I couldn't chew the steak with my sore mouth so I bought a frozen pizza at the grocery store and it's cooking now.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nor did I. The kids used to call their dad when they vomited. Everything else was me.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate birthdays. I will have French Onion soup, with a Caesar salad, a small steak (prepared very, very rare--throw it on the grill, turn it over, take it off), and a dry baked potato (no butter or sour cream). I'm going to eat something that I want to eat tonight, but will try to curb it a little bit.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate birthdays. I will have French Onion soup, with a Caesar salad, a small steak (prepared very, very rare--throw it on the grill, turn it over, take it off), and a dry baked potato (no butter or sour cream). I'm going to eat something that I want to eat tonight, but will try to curb it a little bit.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vegetable chow fun, but I added my mom's pork ribs onto my serving. And garlic bread with cheese and salsa.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
@winchester.
Aren't you worried your steak will walk off the table.
Nahhhh, it's fine. And it was delicious! I only eat very rare beef. Throw it on the grill to sear, turn it over to sear the other side, and get it on my plate. Works for me!

My GF called this morning and she has bronchitis. My brother called and said they were going to a this one restaurant and did we want to go along. They eat very early, so they picked us up around 1:30 and we went to dinner. I did have French onion soup, house salad with sweet and sour dressing, a Black Diamond steak, a dry baked potato (no butter, no sour cream), one tea roll, and drank water with lemon. After we got back home, we all enjoyed a slice of the cake. 

After my brother and SIL left, we took the rest of the cake to my GF's house for her DH to enjoy. So most of the cake is gone; there is one small piece yet for Rick and then it's done. My BIL stopped in this morning about five minutes after I finished frosting the thing and took a large chunk home for himself (my sister is in Philadelphia right now). We all had slices after dinner. One piece for Dear Richard. Rest of it is at my friend's house. Worked perfectly!! I had my chocolate fix and life is good. (Probably until I get on the scales on Monday morning. Oh well, I can honestly say it was worth it. My dinner was yummy.)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The whole meal sounded deliciously delectable. Yum.
I have an appointment for a mammography i the march. Whilst I hate the whole business , stuck your b tummy

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In and then schlepping my poor breasts but when it's all over there's a wonderful Japanese restaurant a few blocks away and I treat myself. Tomorrow I'll be seeing a special doctor and there's a good Italian restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.