What's Everyone Reading??

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I currently have 3 books going.... Fellowship of the Ring, Hunger Point and The 5th Horseman.

kitty_cat_lover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hmm...lesse...I'm re-reading Midnight for Charlie Bone bym Jenny Nimmo, Inkheart by Cornelia Funke and Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien.

BTW: ya, I alwayhs read more then one book at a time.

EDIT: hey! Ali012281! we're reading the same book! coolie!

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Shadow of the Wind (La sombra del viento for those of you who can read in Spanish) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. I warmly reccomend it, it's a magical book.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitty_cat_lover

EDIT: hey! Ali012281! we're reading the same book! coolie!
Hey!
Where are you in LOTR Fellowship?? I had a really hard time getting into it!!!!

I see you are into the fantacy books... have you read Eragon and Eldest??? If not you really NEED TO!!! They are soo good and I'm going through withdrawls waiting for Empire to comeout!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I'm currently reading Linda Fairstein's latest, "Death Dance". Fairstein was the chief sex crimes prosecutor for the Manhattan DA's office and her protagonist, Alexandra Cooper, holds the same job. I've read these from the beginning and won't miss one.
I've read a few of these. They are very good!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm reading "Murder in Tombstone", a detailed account of the investigation and preliminary hearings of the Gunfight at the OK Corral. With my background and history in Tombstone, I find any new assessment interesting.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am reading the Sight right now.. I forget who the author is and the book is up in my room

But it's an awesoem book if you like reading about animals. It's a fantasy book about a family of wolves.. I think it's an awesome book.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just found out that Rita Mae Brown has a new Mrs. Murphy mystery: Sour Puss. I have already reserved it, at the library.

I have also reserved James Swanson's "Manhunt". It is about the search for John Wilkes Booth, after he assasinated Lincoln.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Opposable Thumb

"The Guitarist Book of Blues" from Future Publishers. Various writers and transcribers.
Oh my - I can see you and my husband would hit it off great!

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just started 'the Cat who could turn on and off' which is my bedtime reading and Shirow Masamune's Ghost in the Shell (manga) which is my coffee table reading

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just bought Jan Fenell's "The Dog Listener" with a Indigo gift card that was burning a hole in my pocket. It came highly recommended on this site, and TCS opinions count for a lot to me!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hit the library this morning and am about 3/4 of the way through "Predator" by Patricia Cornwell.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've read soooooo much in the last couple weeks for school its not funny, but I love to read so its good.
I just finished reading a journal article on the medicine wheel and To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I'm writing a paper on how I think many people mistake the character Atticus for a hero when he is not and that he is truely socially prejudice against people of lower social class. I believe it should be good.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been on a young adult kick lately. In the last month I've read:
Warriors #2 & #3
Chronicles Of Narnia #1 & currently reading #2 The Lion, The Witch, And The Warddrobe
Eldest (Inheritance #2)

And then a prehistoric fiction:
People Of The Wolf (First North American Series #1)

I got really into Jean Auel's books The Earths Children (Clan Of The Cave Bear and the rest). She is teasing us by coming out with a book what seems to be every 20 years.... So I decided to branch out and find other prehistoric fictions. This one was good and had a unique style. Haven't decided yet if I will continue the series though.

It probably won't take long to finish the Narnia series as those books are so short. I'm going to pick up #4 of Warrior tonight.

I also really like Science Fiction and can you believe I've never read any Michael Crighton? The next novel I will read will be by him...The question is which one? I think I will read State Of Fear.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm listening to the Valley of Horses right now (Auel) - I've only ever read through part of the Mammoth Hunters. For some reason I got bored with that one. We'll see if it's more exciting now that I've aged a bit.

Have you read Jurassic Park? That's a great one. Timeline is good too. My husband just read State of Fear and liked it.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I'm listening to the Valley of Horses right now (Auel) - I've only ever read through part of the Mammoth Hunters. For some reason I got bored with that one. We'll see if it's more exciting now that I've aged a bit.

Have you read Jurassic Park? That's a great one. Timeline is good too. My husband just read State of Fear and liked it.
As much as I love Auel there are a few things she does that can easily start to annoy you. Time passes SO slowly. In Vally Of Horses you are waiting forever and ever for Ayla and Jondular to meet and it will take forever. In subsequent books there is a lot of stupid quarels that are huge misunderstandings (Mammoth Hunters). In Plains Of Passage its hard to get through because they travel the whole book and you desparetly want them to get home. I won't say exactly what happens in Shelters of Stone as I don'twant to spoil anything but again you are waiting for something to happen for the entire book. So...its a love/hate relationship with that series. I love it so much for the overall story...but she loves details and she loves arguments and she loves tantalizing the reader by making things take forever :p . Ooooh and she LOVES cliffhangers! Of all her books Clan Of The Cavebear was excellent. I read this series way to young though, it takes a more mature reader.

I've wanted to read Jurassic Park but feel that I know the story and want to read some of his others. All of my coworkers have read State Of Fear and really loved it.