What's Everyone Reading??

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Agent_Haun

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I need to read a classic for my Honors Comp/Lit class, and this one seems interesting enough.
THAT is an awesome book!!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got done reading White Oleander....good but strange....Now until I pick something new from my stash, I'm reading the LTD Commmodities catalog!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recently I've discovered books on cd/tape. I can listen at work or in the car so that's cool. I'm listening right now to Lord of the Flies (a book I've started many times, but never been able to get through), and it's narrated by William Golding himself. After every chapter he talks a little bit about the book. I feel like I'm in a seminar, it's SO cool!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Recently I've discovered books on cd/tape. I can listen at work or in the car so that's cool. I'm listening right now to Lord of the Flies (a book I've started many times, but never been able to get through), and it's narrated by William Golding himself. After every chapter he talks a little bit about the book. I feel like I'm in a seminar, it's SO cool!
I love that book. I'm thinking of joining a club for audio books because it would be nice to have something to listen to at work.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...and he has such a lovely British voice, it is nice to hear, even though it is a very old recording and on tape and a bit scratchy.

Our county library has lots and lots of books on tape, so that way I don't have to buy them!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat's Eyewitness by Rita Mae Brown & Sneaky Pie Brown

girlieq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I read several books at a time. Currently, I'm re-reading Robert Jordan's series, The Wheel of Time (new book is coming out very soon), re-reading Somerset Maughm's 'Of Human Bondage', and I'm reading 'Healing Anger' by the Dalai Lama.

I'm sure that I'm reading other books as well, but those three are the ones I can think of that are sitting next to my nightstand.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a forensic science /murder mystery nerd! i love em! i just finish 4th of july by James Patterson
i am gonna start Post mortem by patricia cornwell!!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've recently read the two books Eragon and Eldest... I'm eagerly awaiting the third book. I also just read Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants just for a brainless read (it was really cute) and now I've started The Fellowship of the Ring..... but I should really be reading my microbiology book.

joecool

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
someplace so boring i am slowly but surely losing
I have reccomended them before, and will do so again. The John Bellairs books are so good. Very whimsical yet so easy to relate to. They only take an hour to read each, and many are not in print anymore. they are juvenile novels but still good, yet he also wrote an adult fantasy book, the Face in the Frost. It is good.

They are awesome, and another book that is really good is Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. It is hailed as an adult Harry Potter book, and it takes a great deal of time to read.

Just my opinions.
Joecool

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Being fond of biographies, I've just finished "Tab Hunter,Confidential" and am currently halfway through "John" by Cynthia Lennon.

For a little trashy reading, I read Danielle Steele's "Toxic Bachelors", too. Will have to get to the library before this weekend.