What's Adelaide been up to?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just when I thought Addie had reached her comfort level and was at the point she was happy, she has started to get happier still

I suppose a lot has to do with the fact that it's now heading on towards winter and getting very cold outside - consequently she is spending more time inside next to the radiator.

Well, a couple of nights ago, she and Tolly met for the first time. Tolly is rather a straightforward kind of guy and just walked right up to her and sniffed her
. Addie is particularly territorial and usually chases down any kitty that walks up to her. Instead she allowed Tolly to sniff all around her, including her head. Then........they touched noses
what a big awwwwwwww moment that was.

Daughter and I were giving Addie a big fuss and she allowed me to put my hands right around her tummy and even rolled over for a tummy tickle. She has never done that before.

Then, tonight, she wandered straight into the living room. Normally, she tentatively creeps in......not this time.

As she walked into the living room, Tolly again marched straight up to her. he went to sniff her face and she headbutted him and rubbed her head all around his face
we're just astounded. What a brave little girl she is.

Hope you enjoyed the fact that we have more to add.....I never expected to.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Beth - I just read this thread for the first time, What an absolutely heartwarming story!
Adelaide is such a gorgeous girl too!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Addie, you're such a precious little girl, and so brave! Sierra, Serenity, and I are so proud of you!
What a remarkable testament for all the love and patience you've felt from your gentle Mummy!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awwww YAY Adelaide
You know I just love hearing about you and your achievements. Its so wonderful that they are continuing. it just shows what a wonderful, special girl you really are

thankyou for sharing this with us Beth - give her a big hug from me

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much Stephanie and Danielle - it's so wonderful that you enjoy sharing Addie's achievements

CarolPetunia - you're so right - the achievements of these frightened kitties are wonderful when they happen. I hope that your mum's feral kitty learns to understand what a loving home she has found. Even if she remains unsure, at least your mum knows that she is loved, well fed, safe and warm. That's wonderful in itself

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beth, what a wonderful update on sweet Addie! She is such a special little girl!

You know, with these little feral wonders...just when you think they've gone as far as they can, they surprise you. At 6 years old, 6 years in our home, Ophelia still makes progress in trusting us and accepting love. Every once in a while, she just amazes me and makes a giant, brave kitty leap into another facet of life with us.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cedy isnt a feral that came to our home but the exact thing applies to him so I know exactly what you mean

Originally Posted by valanhb

Every once in a while, she just amazes me and makes a giant, brave kitty leap into another facet of life with us.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi and Dan, that's so wonderful that your kitties still continue to develop too. Tippy is the same, she was traumatised when she came to us, it took her 8 years before she even learned to purr. She still makes little leaps in development now at coming up for 10 years old.

It's so lovely to hear about your kitties

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you don't mind me including a photo in this thread - if it should go into the fur pics lounge mods by all means let me know and I will create a thread for it.

But this one of sort of special for us.

Those of you who know Addie's story know how scared she was when she came to us just over a year ago.

A little over a week ago it was time for her booster vaccinations. Last time we had such trouble getting her into the carrier and she was traumatised. This time, she let me pick her up, we have never been able to do this before and place her in the carrier with no fuss.

Later that day, I picked her up again and she just went completely floppy and hopeless and was enjoying a lovely cuddle

Here is the evidence

I put her on the floor to see if she would run and hide. She just kept rubbing around my legs for more. This has become a regular thing - right now she is sitting on the living room floor with Lily, Tolly and Tippy for company warming herself by the fire

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Addie, you're such a brave little girl, and we're so very proud of you!
Beth, you're such a wonderful, loving Mum, and your gentle, patient care has made all the difference in precious Addie's life!