What's Adelaide been up to?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, things seem to be getting a bit better for Addie. Her excema seems to be clearing up without the need for anymore vet visits.

Tonight she was playing again and wandered all the way into the living room and sat down at the side of my chair.

Then at just now when hubby went to feed her, she *chirruped* at him and ran after him to get her food. Up until now her chirrups have been reserved for me. So hopefully, she's recovering what little trust she'd built up with hubby now

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw so great that she chirruped at your hubby! How fantastic, I love that sound!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today Addie was nowhere to be seen. In our garage (which is a furniture store at present) she has found a hidey-hole that she likes to escape to now and again. She normally has a nap and comes back into the house. Today, Addie was nowhere to be seen, nor in her hidey-hole either. Hubby went out to let the chickens out this morning, but can't see how Addie could have got out.

So we left the food dishes empty in the conservatory and left the lights on, so she could see her way back home. I've been on vigil at the back living room window, waiting to see if she appears back at the window. In between times, I've been looking around all the furniture in the garage to see if she's found a new hiding place.

Tonight, at 9.30 I looked out of the living room window and there she is - large as life - waiting outside the conservatory door to come in. How she got out there I'll never know. BUT - she came home. I'm so happy because it must mean that she really regards this as home. I opened the door, she walked in, rubbed around my legs and let me close the door without worrying. She's settled in for her usual night-time routine now - and had loads of praise for coming home too.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! How scary for you!!

I'm so happy Addie came back to her home. And it does show that she really does see it as her home with her people, her kitty pals, and her stuff.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi - you are so right. When she got back last night, she went upstairs on spent the rest of the night on the couch in my daughter's study. The only chairs she has climbed onto so far as the dining chairs - she has never dared climb on to any other furniture - but she lay there quite happily until we gave her the meal she normally has just before bedtime.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since she went out and came back home, she has been much more confident. At the moment she's asleep on the living room floor, by hubby's feet
in front of the fire. We have three of the four cats in the same room - and not tearing strips off each other - Tippy, Lily and Adelaide.

She has been in the living room for some time and even tried getting on to the sofa next to hubby - until she found Tippy already there

One day, she might sit on our lap - that would be so nice. But right now - I'm overjoyed with where we are.

kim36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
good to hear that adelaide is doing good, i have to find your original thread to read about how you found her...this story makes me feel hopeful that my new winnie will turn out like your adelaide! keep up the good work!

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she is doing so good too
and not much fighting going on

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kim36

good to hear that adelaide is doing good, i have to find your original thread to read about how you found her...this story makes me feel hopeful that my new winnie will turn out like your adelaide! keep up the good work!
Thanks Kim - PM coming your way. Good luck with Winnie - it will work out, just give it time.

Rita - thank you.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You must have been scared to death!!!! I'm so glad she didn't roam far!! Addie you should not scare your Meowmy like that!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Do we have any new pictures of lovely Adelaide?
Not yet, but I'm sure I will soon. She was a bit traumatized after her two vet visits in a short period of time and would run away behind plant pots and things. But she's coming out of herself again now, so hopefully we'll be able to get some more pictures soon.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here you go Ari - especially for you, I pursued her relentlessly
and took some photos today. Well actually, I took the camera while I fussed her after her tea
. I've put them in the fur pictures forum.

Enjoy!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good news for Adelaide and Hubby. Hubby just appeared from the dining room to say that, rather than running away from him, Adelaide has been playing with him in the dining room
. She also rolled over for him, purring on the floor. She wasn't ready for a fuss yet - but this is real progress for him after the vet visits

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I've just got back from 4 days away and was wondering how Addie would do. Firstly, as we have not been away from her before and secondly, because my daughter's friend was staying over and I didn't know how Addie would take to that.

Well it seems she was fine on both counts. She made friends with daughter's friend and didn't seem to notice I'd gone - I suppose that's a good thing
. When I walked back through the door, she just trotted up, started purring and rolled over for a fuss. Back to normal then

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Sounds like she's settled in quite well...almost a normal little housecat.
. Who would have thought it eh? Certainly not me when she was bouncing off the walls in November.