What work do you do? Is it what you thought you'd do?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I teach clerical skills to adults who either have some sort of disability or are economically disadvantaged. Most are older than me and that creates a challenge or 2 sometimes. I never thought I'd do this at all. Mom always said stay away from Human Services...and I went and got a job working WITH her!

Some day I want to be a SAHM/Interior Design Consultant/Artist/whatever else I come up with!

absolutchaos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a perfusionist.

In college I did the usual pre-med thing that a lot of Honors kids do...only to decide that it wasn't for me, despite a great deal of pressure from my father (a doc himself). Going through my major-career-college crisis like a lot of kids after two years, I was panicky at the thought of having to start all over (at this point I had many science courses under my belt). I started looking through Ohio State's big book of majors...and through that I discovered perfusion. It turned out to be a good compromise--I got to use my science courses, get a decent-paying job in a GREAT location, and I also got to sorta satisfy my dad (who still keeps hoping I'll reconsider med school--which will NOT be happening!).

Since I had no idea of the existence of Circulation Technology until I stumbled upon it (there's only eleven of us on the Hawaiian islands; it's quite a niche profession!), I can honestly say that I never dreamed that I'd be where I am today and doing what I am today!

For the curious who may want to know more about Perfusion:
http://www.perfusion.com/cgi-bin/abs...=1548&zoneid=6