What weird things do your cats like to eat

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat, Speedboat, likes popcorn. He will catch it if you throw it to him. This morning Muffin helped himself to my Cranapple juice. And they both like pecans. Just wondering what your cats like that is out of the ordinary.

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I once had a cat who loved ginger snaps. He would take them right out of my hand while I was trying to eat them! He liked potato chips, too.
Pecans? I thought cats couldn't digest nuts.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ace has a bit of a sweet tooth; he likes oatmeal scotchies especially. (We don't feed them to him, but if a piece drops on the floor, he is THERE.) He also likes corn chips. Several of our cats like iced tea; you can't leave a glass unattended. When I was a teenager, I had a cat (RIP Speedy) who liked canned green beans.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TheCatsMeow

MieMie likes everything EXCEPT McDonalds Chicken Nuggets and french fries...kind of interesting...
Harley likes to eat MCD's fries too - which is weird cuz when I make them @ home, he won't even try to touch them. I guess my cooking isn't good enuf for him!

When I bring home MCD's I have to make sure to keep the fries away from Harley or he will get into them!
I don't like to share, I love them too much

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Harley likes to eat MCD's fries too - which is weird cuz when I make them @ home, he won't even try to touch them. I guess my cooking isn't good enuf for him!

When I bring home MCD's I have to make sure to keep the fries away from Harley or he will get into them!
I don't like to share, I love them too much
Haha, my Harley likes to lick things until they are all wet and soggy, and then leave them there for me to clean up

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Haha, my Harley likes to lick things until they are all wet and soggy, and then leave them there for me to clean up
Harley does that with chips or cheetos - he will lick off all the flavor and leave it there all disgusting. I usually only give him a little cuz I know he wont eat it anyways - I don't like to waste good junk food!

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Harley does that with chips or cheetos - he will lick off all the flavor and leave it there all disgusting. I usually only give him a little cuz I know he wont eat it anyways - I don't like to waste good junk food!
LMAO yup, MieMie actually comes up to us and sits there and gives us this pitiful look until we give her a piece of what we're eating..

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LMAO yup, MieMie actually comes up to us and sits there and gives us this pitiful look until we give her a piece of what we're eating..
Oh so does Harley - and how can I say no to his precious little face?!
He's got me wrapped around his little paw!

thecatsmeow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Oh so does Harley - and how can I say no to his precious little face?!
He's got me wrapped around his little paw!
Well you DO KNOW...the best way to a cats heart is the same as a man, through his stomach!

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blondie eats lettuce and corn. Merlin eats anything that's no chained down!
She stole one of my chicken taquitos last night and growled when I tried to take it back, so she got to keep it. She loves ladyfingers, oatmeal, bread, doritos, you name it and she will eat it. And she is such a petite little girl!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Summer apparently likes to eat scotch tape (from the posters in our old apartment) which she had to have surgically removed.

Other than that, and her former habit of licking plastic, She seems to like deli meat (i.e. turkey, chicken, almost anything sliced) and goes bananas when a can of tuna is opened.....so she's not THAT weird!

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine don't eat anything weird but always have to sniff my food before I eat it to make sure that they don't want any!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When Flowerbelle first came home from the hospital after being rescued, she was so weak she basically just slept in our bed for a month or so. We used to give her water out of the bottle cap so she wouldn't have to get up to drink. Now, two years later, even though she always drinks out of the fountain, she meows for her "water treat" - water we pour into a bottle cap for her to drink! What a nut!

And though we try SO HARD not to give them people food, several weeks ago I found Flowerbelle up on the kitchen table licking strawberry ice cream off the spoon. Never in a million years would I have thought she'd enjoy something like that!