What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't remember any cartoons on Saturday mornings. There may not have been any - early TV in1951 didn't have a lot of shows. I remember watching the Lone Ranger in the afternoons, though. Gave up on Roy Rogers after they sent Nellybelle to meet the stage. Why was there a stage if they had a jeep?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked the Jetsons too but my all time favorite was the superhero Mighty Mouse, not to be confused with Mickey Mouse.
It was Mighty Mouse for me too. My brother got me watching him on Saturday mornings.

I will also watch Hey Arnold and Arthur when I come accross them when changing channels. I named several of my inside cats after the charctors in the Arthur cartoon. After naming so many ferals I was beginning to run out of names.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
All of the older cartoons, which shows my age. Looney Tunes, especially. There was a show on in the mornings during the week Hatchy Milatchy with Miss Nancy, followed by Miss Judy, that was basically cartoons. Bucky and Pepito, some of the Looney Tunes, Gumby. Whenever we were sick and had to stay home from school, Mom let us watch it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OMgosh.. If forgot about Gumby!! I was fascinated with how they could get him to move!! loved the Jetsons!! I still do-- I watch them sometimes, if I can find them. Oh, and Sky King!! My friend Flicka... dating myself...and Pepi LaPew...

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was really obsessed with Snoopy Come Home when I was a little (preschool) aged kid and I watched that movie again and again. I found it online a few years ago, and realized it's kind of trippy. There was a Raggedy Ann and Andy movie that involved a few scenes of life actors, and involved this blue stuffed horse camel thing that would chase his magic dead ancestors or something whenever he saw them in the clouds. I remember feeling very confused after seeing that movie.
And it wasn't a cartoon but I never missed an episode of Ramona (Quimby), the TV show was very cute.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember Yogi Bear always trying to steal a picnic basket. In the mid-eighties they had a little miniseries for the holidays where Yogi tried to stay awake for Christmas. I think they had an episode of it every night for a week or so. My kids were little then, and they watched every episode of that.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
OMgosh.. If forgot about Gumby!! I was fascinated with how they could get him to move!! loved the Jetsons!! I still do-- I watch them sometimes, if I can find them. Oh, and Sky King!! My friend Flicka... dating myself...and Pepi LaPew...
Our Ms. Pepe was named after Pepé Le Pew. :redheartpump:
The vet always called her Miss Pepe. Pepe finally sent her an email, telling her that she was not a Miss; she was a Ms! The vet never got it wrong again. :lol:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I remember Yogi Bear always trying to steal a picnic basket. In the mid-eighties they had a little miniseries for the holidays where Yogi tried to stay awake for Christmas. I think they had an episode of it every night for a week or so. My kids were little then, and they watched every episode of that.
To this day, whenever I see the word picnic, I hear Yogi calling it a "Pic-a-nic" :)
I don't remember that mini series, but I was a late 80s-90s kid so maybe it was on before I was around. We had this old VHS tape called "A Walt Disney Christmas" and a lot of the shorts were Silly Symphonies from the 30s and 40s. My sister and I would always watch that entire tape on Christmas Eve because one of the elves would sing "We better hurry up, tomorrow's Christmas day". We loved it, but liked to laugh at how old fashioned it was to us.
Speaking of Silly Symphonies, the one called Skeleton Dance from the 1920s showed up in my Youtube recommended last year and I watched it. I was surprised. The animation for those days was surprisingly good.