What was the last thing YOU ate?....#2

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this spinach stuff with potatoes that Ben made.
its actually nice, but i just ate some for breakfast haha

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

May i ask whats a Half and Half?
Half milk and Half cream
I don't know if you can get it, but we just buy it in the dairy section in a little carton, just like milk

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

May i ask whats a Half and Half?
A mix that is half cream and half whole milk...it has no additives, no added sugars or thickeners...just plain and simple cream plus whole milk.

Interesting little factoid for you...table salt (i.e. Morton's brand) in the US has sugar added to it! Blech, patooie! So we now use sea salt, which is as it should be - sugar free!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sugar in salt?
So its true that americans add sugar into everything!

ohh well no ashley, i think i must go to the dairy section at the supermakert to show you what it looks like here.
just gave me an idea
I will go there today and take pics.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sugar in salt?
So its true that americans add sugar into everything!
LOL...I beg to differ, it is not americans, in fact, I don't think most of them realize this. I blame this on the food industry

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes sorry

the american food industry

i know that alot of americans eat healthy and that its the factories that produce food are the bad ones. Out here everyone thinks that nearly every single american is over weight. But once you get to chat to them and see photos its so not true!
Do you have to buy alot of BIO (thats what we call it here with out any conservatives ect) stuff? because dont they add chemicals into nearly every fruit/vegetable?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you have to buy alot of BIO (thats what we call it here with out any conservatives ect) stuff? because dont they add chemicals into nearly every fruit/vegetable?
Not that I know of, there is actually a pretty good organic/natural foods movement here...even my local grocery stores always have a organic veggies and fruits section.

The key (in my not that awake opinion) difference between the organic stuff and non is simply how it is raised - if various pesticides are used for insect control etc. I don't fear that if I buy a non-organic tomato, that it's been compromised somehow...I also love how most cities and towns will have a farmers market, again this may not be organicly raised veggies or fruits, but it will be fresh and wonderful . I see more issues with the frozen stuff...I've even seen bags of frozen potatoes - say frozen french fries, that have dextrose (a sugar) added. Again, blech and patooie!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

blech and patooie!
Cute Pat! That just cracked me up.

Right now I am just drinking a cup of coffee, the last thing I ate was a chocolate chip cookie around midnight.

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had cheeseburger hot pockets last night... maybe that's why I'm gaining wait... it's the 2am Hot Pockets... LoL OH well... Imma make myself some soup in a few... yay... soup!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omelet with a slice of beefsteak tomato, muenster cheese, low sodium, sugar free bacon, plus coffee with half and half

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Moments ago had a handfull of just off the bush blueberries from just down the road! Best I've had all this year!
Now just waiting for my potatoes to be baked and ready. I never had time to eat at work today, and I'm hungry!