What was for dinner tonight?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just did up a couple of stuffed zuccini, some baby red potatoes and I made burger patties (with parmesan cheese mixed into them) which I intend to saute and cover with a nice homemade gravy from the drippings.

My hubby will eat anything I cook so I'm very lucky. He saw me making the stuffed zuccini and said, "wow, honey, that looks good. You have such a great intuition with food". I hope it turns out as well as he expects.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not feeling so great tonight, so I'm making some fresh pasta and heating up some homemade spaghetti sauce I froze up for when I didn't feel like cooking.

Tomorrow i'm going to make that pumpkin cider stew though- i'll be home all day to work on it!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The other day, in conversation, it came up that we hadn't had escargots for a long time, and I promised to do them for Friday dinner. Well, last night we had company for dinner, so I did those, and for the main course, grilled lamb chops, grilled asparagus, and buttered nugget potatoes with garlic chives. A Berry Crisp with vanilla ice cream made a nice dessert, along with a little of Rob's Orange Brandy.

Tonight, it'll be somewhat simpler, though. Those nugget potatoes will fry up nicely with some ham and a veg.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, my husband isn't as picky as he used to be before we opened this catering business......he was so picky when we married that he warned me before we married that he was picky, but not to worry that he'd cook so I didn't have to worry about pleasing him. These days, supper is anything that one of us can do from the freezer or a can as a general rule.....after cooking all day, neither one of us is in the mood to cook another meal just for the two of us! Tonight though, he's waiting on cheesecakes to finish baking, so is cooking dry limas, crackling corn bread and God only knows what else to bring home for din din......not for another couple of hours though, and you guys have me starving!!!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Decided to make split pea and ham soup in the crock pot tomorrow.

Tonight is French Dip with a salad. Easy to make after working all day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tonight we are having grilled scallops, with some boxed risotto and I think the boyfriend is making some cream of artichoke soup as well with leeks , onion, and potato in it..at least I don't think the leeks are for the scallops so I'm assuming its for the soup.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fuzzles

Tonight we are having grilled scallops, with some boxed risotto and I think the boyfriend is making some cream of artichoke soup as well with leeks , onion, and potato in it..at least I don't think the leeks are for the scallops so I'm assuming its for the soup.
Wow! That sounds super yummy!!

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL and he wanted to cook so I'm letting him have at it. I was going to cook dinner but he told me he's cooking so I'll just get out of his way! He won't tell me how he's seasoning the scallops. All he'll tell me is that they will be seasoned(and not bacon wrapped). I also saw the cans of artichokes and asked him if he was making artichoke soup and he answers, "I don't know". He mentioned the other night he wanted to make it sometime so I can narrow it down to that. Men are so difficult sometimes!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
bbq baby back ribs made with a rub and homemade bbq sauce zucchini salad and red potatoes. MMMM YUMMY

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm think I'm going to heat up some frozen burritos since it's after 9 and I haven't eaten yet
I love to cook, but I hate cleaning up afterward. I need to find a guy who loves doing dishes or something

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I made some smoked salmon pasta tonight. Sauted half an onion and a shallot since I didn't have a whole onion in 1/4 cup olive oil. Then threw the salmon (chopped up sorta) in for a minute or so and then a cup of cream with some capers, about 3 Tbsp. Then mixed the pasta in with it. Yum! You have to be careful with seasoning this though since the smoked salmon is already salty.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Not feeling to energetic today so I guess it's Tomato Soup and a grilled cheese for me tonight...
Yummmm! That is one of my favorite dinners!

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Using the "Set it & Forget" for rotiserie chicken. I'm hoping to find some decent sweet corn at local produce stand. But cant decide on what else to have with it. I guess either mashed potatos of potato salad.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think tonight I will do the pasta thing..I have some left-over chicken so I will use that and make a nice blush sauce over penne..side salad and maybe some garlic bread..