What TV show reminds you most of your life/family?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd have to say The Osbournes for our family. I was always jealous of those "Brady Bunch" families. Of course, I never could believe there could possibly be a REAL family like the Brady Bunch.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up, I'd have to say it was the Canadian show "Corner Gas," although I grew up in a small town in northern Ontario, not a small town in Saskatchewan -- the people are all the same, though, and so are the things that happen.

Now? I guess it's more like the Canadian show "Billable Hours," or maybe like "The Office."

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone else already said this, but my job is a lot like The Office too! That's not a good thing, lol.

ETA: Nope I'm the 3rd person to say The Office!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll see if anyone remembers this one, Freaks and Geeks. I was the only girl in my high school class that played Dungeons and Dragons. Also, My So Called Life hit home for me too. Angela Chase and I could have been the same person. As for my family, the Vacation movies are what we were all about. The stories I could tell you about my father piling all five of us in a car and driving cross country would make you laugh so hard you'd cry.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No doubt about it....Arrested Development.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

This is kinda bad I guess, does anyone watch Lucky Louie on HBO? They remind me of my husband & I sometimes....I love the wife, she's the best....the last episode, she's yelling at Louie cause he was supposed to be home hours ago, he's sitting on the park bench with his 2 idiot friends, and their little girl is playing....the wife had worked all day as a nurse, and had to track him down at the playground, she says "louie, she was supposed to have her bath & be in bed an hour ago!" And being cool he says "hey, I'm spending quality time with my daughter (who's nowhere in sight)" she tells him that Lucy will be off schedule and up all night now, he says "don't talk to me like this in front of my friends" and she's like "you think I'm afraid of your friends" then proceeds to berate them till they wise up and leave. It's really pretty funny....
i LOVE Lucky Louie! I loved the ep where Lucy was being bad for no reason...I know its a comedy but I also like that theres no "big heartwarming ending where everythings ok again" like most sitcoms... Yet it was still sweet when he went in the closet with her. and yeah, the wife is the best

ps - the ep you mentioned, at the playground.. i love when his friend tells her (the wife) to do a certain thing, and she says ok, go ahead and ect.. and I'll do it. and he just stands there dumbfounded. priceless

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
check out the DVD "Drivers Wanted"...its a mockumentary about pizza drivers...but its HILARIOUS...Mang is espescially funny

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
House reminds me of my dad.

Monk reminds me of my husband.

All the protagonists remind me of the ex of my husband's brother.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband & I think we'd fit in pretty well on Trailer Park Boys.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

No doubt about it....Arrested Development.
That would have been my choice. Are you certain we aren't related?

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScottF

check out the DVD "Drivers Wanted"...its a mockumentary about pizza drivers...but its HILARIOUS...Mang is espescially funny
The brotherhood of delivery drivers is my biggest family I connect with...it really is like a family, we swap stories, we share wacky terbacky lol, we are a BIG family of professionals doing our job...that is what Drivers Wanted is about...

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up my family would have to be a cross between Roseanne and All in the family.

My mom is a less extreme version of Roseanne and my dad is a cross of Dan and Archy. We definately struggled with money and all of it.

shadowsoul

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My family is dysfuntional, so sort of Arrested Development

My personal life is more like Melrose Place

My sister acts like Hillary Duff from Confession of a Drama Queen
My work, more of Boston Legal.
And my friends, more like Grey's Anatomy, you know the kind that s/he-who-got-scr*wed-to-get-over-being-scr*wed

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

That would have been my choice. Are you certain we aren't related?
The odds are in our favor that yes....we are related.