What TV show reminds you most of your life/family?

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sadly, probably the Osbournes...yeah. No explanation needed other then there's always a lot of fighting, but everyone loves eachother in the end!

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my family life would be like the Sienfelds to a tee.. I even named our cats cosmo krammer and newman. NEVER a dull moment at our house.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by annabelle33

I don't know if anyone's ever seen it on here, but my family reminds me of "Keeping up appearances".. All the women are loopy (like hyacinth) and all the men just kinda let them do their own loopy thing.
I can relate to that - my grandmother was definately a Hyacinth, and she had sisters who behaved like Rose and Daisy.

As for my immediate family it's a cross between Married with Children and Different Strokes (2 of my brothers are adopted and African-American.) I like to joke that I'm the unholy love child of Al Bundy and Marge Simpson!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up, I would have to say Roseanne- except we didn't struggle w/money like they did. Two girls and the youngest a boy, dysfunctional but love eachother.

I can't think of what we are now? Picture a youngish couple with four cats, a new house, the husband was unemployed for the last 8 month until this week, he does the cleaning and is a neat freak, she's the slob, and we are sorta goofy.

cassie-ondra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh. Is there a TV show where cats run the house and the humans are in constant disarray? The humans of my house are always arguing and fighting and Cleo and Zenon somehow seem to be the center of our lives. It's kind of pathetic the way it seems that I in particular seem to cater to their every beck and call. They're just so cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, what a wide range of answers!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I was a little of the Brady Bunch growing up, minus Alice. But you know, if I could make my life any certain way, I'd like to live like June Cleaver or live in Mayberry with Aunt Bea and Andy...........I'm a kick back to the 50's.........pathetic huh?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't really think of a TV show, but Shirley MacLaine in Terms of Endearment has always reminded me of my mother.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My life right now is so much like Friends it's ridiculous! I live with my awesome roomie (another girl) and literally right across the hall from us are two of our really good guy friends. Now here's where it starts to sound like Friends: those guy friends just walk into our apartment whenever the heck they want! We're so used to it now that it doesn't even phase us. If we have the door locked, they get upset and always say, "Why on earth was your door locked?! I didn't understand why I couldn't get in!" Of course, the first thing they go for is our refridgerator!

Apparently I'm "just" like Monica. I'm competitive and the guys across the hall sometimes call me mom because I'm always looking out for everyone and making sure no one is doing anything TOO stupid. My roomie is very much like Rachel. She's been used to having daddy's money and since she moved in with me she's been dealing with not having that money so readily available. Neither one of the neighbors is funny enough to be Chandler (unfortunately) but one of them is definitely a Joey: always eating and ALWAYS hitting on me and my roomie.

There is also a coffee shop that we hang out at at times, but not as religiously as they did at Central Perk. Still, the similarities make me giggle sometimes.

driven

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The Newlyweds with Nick and Jessica.

I am so much like Nick and Tara is so much like Jessica.

george'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to related to "Once and Again" but they took it off the air!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

This is a really good question! My life is a little like some of the soaps over here but I don't think anyone outside of the uk will have heard of them.
However I wish it was like The OC!!!
Go on, spill the beans, Lauren!!

I'd say my life is like Shameless!

No! Really, I can't think of anything right now!
Not Shameless, honestly!

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Deadwood

Not the shooting, not the prostitutes, but the dirty bearded men looking for gold in big hats, hanging out in unpainted rooms. I spend my years from 0 to 4 in Lapland during a gold rush and, 20th century technology left out, it was pretty similar.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by annabelle33

I don't know if anyone's ever seen it on here, but my family reminds me of "Keeping up appearances".. All the women are loopy (like hyacinth) and all the men just kinda let them do their own loopy thing.
I just had to bring this old thread up again!
LOL!!!!!

I've been watching "Keeping Up Appearances" lately and I think it's so funny! It doesn't remind me of my immediate family, but it really reminds me of my late grandparents. They were so much like Hyacinth and Richard!

Grandma was very class conscious, wore hats, always wore dresses, told grandpa how to drive, and told everyone else what they would be doing.

Grandpa drove grandma everywhere she wanted to go and never argued with anything she said...ever... just like Richard!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is kinda bad I guess, does anyone watch Lucky Louie on HBO? They remind me of my husband & I sometimes....I love the wife, she's the best....the last episode, she's yelling at Louie cause he was supposed to be home hours ago, he's sitting on the park bench with his 2 idiot friends, and their little girl is playing....the wife had worked all day as a nurse, and had to track him down at the playground, she says "louie, she was supposed to have her bath & be in bed an hour ago!" And being cool he says "hey, I'm spending quality time with my daughter (who's nowhere in sight)" she tells him that Lucy will be off schedule and up all night now, he says "don't talk to me like this in front of my friends" and she's like "you think I'm afraid of your friends" then proceeds to berate them till they wise up and leave. It's really pretty funny....

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everybody loves Raymond except for the sandwiches are never made on regular white bread they are made on crusty italian bread and pronounced "sangwich" also a little bit Sopranos without the dead people and guns!!!