What TV show is your "guilty little secret"?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It used to be "Junkyard Wars." Now it's "Dirty Jobs."

Do we see a theme here?

Oh, and I could watch "How It's Made" all day!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ummmmmm
Greys
Private Practice
Hoarders
Say yes to the Dress
16 and pregnant
Teen Mom
Secret Life of An American Teenager
but--those are ALL I watch. I do NOT watch ANY other TV.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

It used to be "Junkyard Wars." Now it's "Dirty Jobs."

Do we see a theme here?

Oh, and I could watch "How It's Made" all day!
Love love Dirty Jobs!

I also love 'What a Tool" on Discovery, as well as Mythbusters!

Mind you, I watch a lot of discovery in my free time.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't know as I feel guilty about it, but the only two shows I look forward to seeing and try very hard not to miss are American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I can't call this a "pleasure", but I do feel guilty for watching it.

Last night, the Mets game was crappy, so I began channel-surfing. Unfortunately, I fell on "Toddlers and Tiaras" on The Learning Channel - TLC - which leads me to ask, what, exactly, are we supposed to be learning?

I swear, it was like watching a train wreck. I couldn't stop. I watched this horrible, monster/diva 4 year old - Makenzie - making faces and gesturing and screaming and saying, "No. I can't do this" and throwing diva hissy fits.

I think baby/toddler/young girl beauty pageants are horrible anyway, but I could not believe how this little girl's parents just sat back, shrugged their shoulders, petted her, or (in the case of the father), basically ignored the problem child.

Every gesture and facial expression mirrored what I saw on her mother. I'm sorry, the parents made this child this way. It was horrifying.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An old TV show - Quantum Leap. It shows everyday in the afternoon in sci fi channel. I find the pace slow, the characters kind of dumb and yet I must find out how it turns out in the end.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

I swear, it was like watching a train wreck. I couldn't stop. I watched this horrible, monster/diva 4 year old - Makenzie - making faces and gesturing and screaming and saying, "No. I can't do this" and throwing diva hissy fits.

I think baby/toddler/young girl beauty pageants are horrible anyway, but I could not believe how this little girl's parents just sat back, shrugged their shoulders, petted her, or (in the case of the father), basically ignored the problem child.

Every gesture and facial expression mirrored what I saw on her mother. I'm sorry, the parents made this child this way. It was horrifying.
I saw that same episode! I turned it there while a commercial was on for another show I was watching, but I couldn't turn it off. Like you said, it was watching a train wreck. I couldn't BELIEVE that girl! She's like 4 or 5 years old, and has the attitude worse than a teenager. I would hate to see what she's going to be like when she is a teenager. The mother was just as bad too. Just letting that behavior go on, and not disciplining or punishing her for it.

Another thing that kinda irked me, and this is just my personal opinion, was that she still had a pacifier too. She's sitting there, on the bed, talking over the pacifier in her mouth.

So yes, you're not alone in the Toddlers and Tiaras show. Train wreck, but it's amazing to see what these mothers let their daughters get away with, or even what they to do them to get them into those pageants.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I despise reality television shows, I love Pawn Stars on the History Channel. Some cool (and often historical) items are sometimes brought into the store. I also like American Pickers.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

I LOATHE to admit this.....I have been known to watch "The Hills".....now I will go in a corner and hang my head in shame....
Me too! I watch The Hills once the episodes are available online, but I'll never tell anyone or watch while anyone is around…

Also… 16 and Pregnant/Teen Mom.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Oh, I love when the talk shows like Maury Povich do paternity tests.
Okay, that one I do feel guilty about enjoying
(but I don't watch it very often).

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

I saw that same episode! I turned it there while a commercial was on for another show I was watching, but I couldn't turn it off. Like you said, it was watching a train wreck. I couldn't BELIEVE that girl! She's like 4 or 5 years old, and has the attitude worse than a teenager. I would hate to see what she's going to be like when she is a teenager. The mother was just as bad too. Just letting that behavior go on, and not disciplining or punishing her for it.

Another thing that kinda irked me, and this is just my personal opinion, was that she still had a pacifier too. She's sitting there, on the bed, talking over the pacifier in her mouth.

So yes, you're not alone in the Toddlers and Tiaras show. Train wreck, but it's amazing to see what these mothers let their daughters get away with, or even what they to do them to get them into those pageants.
The pacifier in the mouth of a 4 year old was horrible.

And did you see the one mother who was all concerned about her daughter's hair - that it hadn't been done right - and the 9 year old daughter was all concerned about the time and kept brushing her mother's hand away when she kept fussing. Then the girl won "best hair" and the mother was shrugging her shoulders, and still saying snide things to the hair dresser. So the hair dresser, (very nicely, I thought) said something about how the mother should do it herself next time.

Then when the 9 year old wins, she totally ignored her mother when she was walking by her afterwards.

These obsessed mothers are raising brats. And the mothers are as bad as the girls

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just had to pop this thread back to the top
I have to admit ... I can NOT get enough of Real Housewives of New Jersey now!! Of course, it makes me miss living in Jersey, but I just love it... turned the TV on yesterday and it was on Bravo, so I dvr'd the rest of the episodes coming on and am catching up with them now!
There is money oozing from pores on this show ... I know how much taxes there cost, and those houses are MASSIVE. Cant hide money ... or maybe it's debt?

Edit: And does Danielle think she's a mafia princess? If someone wants to meet you, it doesn't mean they are going to ambush you or you need your ex-mafia friends to hide in the bushes

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have become an Emergency!-a-holic since finding episodes on hulu.com. I think there is no help for me.

ladyhitchhiker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Project Runway. Can't get enough, and I'm really not much into fashion but I love seeing the creative process.

"here, we are giving you tape measurers. Make an outfit out of it." And then they make something beautiful. It's amazing.

I also embarrassingly enough watch almost every new reality thing on VH1 at some point or another. I prefer stuff like the OCD thing or rehab where people are trying to get better, not just date and beat each other up, but for some reason I like brainless entertainment like that sometimes as well. :$

Oh and secret life of an american teenager (or whatever you call it) gives me the giggles cuz they're so stupid and rambly.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Mythbusters for me...

yep, i know...boring guy...
Hey, RigZ they film that show about 20 minutes from where I live!

Mine is "Say Yes to the Dress" and "Project Runway."