What things has your cat destroyed?

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
That reminds me, I forgot that the destructive cat also likes to tear toilet paper rolls apart. He doesn't unroll them. He grabs them with his claws and rips out chunks with his teeth.

Last edited:

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HIS Leather Coat

Oh NO, My 8 month old started a habit of jumping on my back and climb to my shoulder when he was 4 months. I would usually be standing at the kitchen counter preparing meals. Of course FOOD and fun encouraged this behavior. Not so funny now , he jumped on to my husband's jacket which hung on a hanger coat rak. The coat could be repaired, but kitti is losing points and is in the Dog House. ! Bah, I still have some more house training to do.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise

So the destructive one of the bunch has tried for one more thing.  I put their food and water in the entree sized gladware containers as having such a shallow dish helps with feeding.  So the destructive cat is at the water dish and I look closely and he has hooked his paw under the edge of the container and has one side up in the air at roughly a 45 degree angle.  (Thank goodness I choose to not put a lot of water in when refilling the bowl.)  I say his name and he looks at me with the water dish still in the air, looks down at it, and finally lowers it and starts drinking.

Why does he want to pour the water out all over the carpet?
Okay, so now that he's figured out he can tip the dish, I keep finding an empty dish and a soaked carpet.  What would be a good waterdish to replace the Gladware bowl I'm currently using?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Okay, so now that he's figured out he can tip the dish, I keep finding an empty dish and a soaked carpet.  What would be a good waterdish to replace the Gladware bowl I'm currently using?
I use stainless steel for both food and water dishes.  It cleans easily, and can be disinfected in a snap.  It's also extremely heavy.  This doesn't mean that your kitty won't be able to overturn it (the fuller you keep it, the heavier it will be, by the way), but when kitty does tip it over, you'll know instantly by the loud bang it will make.

;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine does the same thing. I have a feeding station that's basically a thick piece of finished wood, and Buddy's three bowls -- one for wet food, one for dry, one for water.

Bud figured out that he could spill the water by knocking it off the wood, and every time I looked the carpet was wet and his water bowl was empty.

I got a stainless steel water bowl with a wide base that cannot be tipped over, and placed it directly on the floor instead of the wood. Now he can't really do anything with it, so that seems to have solved the problem. Your local pet store will definitely have wide-base bowls for this problem, as it's not all that uncommon. Good luck :)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That reminds me, I forgot that the destructive cat also likes to tear toilet paper rolls apart. He doesn't unroll them. He grabs them with his claws and rips out chunks with his teeth.
Talking about toilet rolls, January use it as a vertical thread mill, sometimes bites them to pieces and if he dosen't tear them up, he'll make a bed for himself :lol3:

Here's the 'Yes? I did not do it face'

As for his water dish, it's too heavy for him to tip over. After he finished drinking, he'll stick his paw into the water

Last edited:

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So far I have read some very funny stories.

I've had my kitten two weeks and he's already destroyed a number of things in our home:

- He's knocked several large items- such as candles melted into glass and jewelry boxes- off dressers in my room which is where he spends 80% of his day

- Chewed a book that was a gift from my mother

-  Bookmark

- broke a chunk of wax off of a candle after diving off my bed and into a chest that sits low and in front of my bed, knocking the decorative candle off . It's more decorative then to be burned. It's nice and was a gift, but I'm not worried about it as I've had it for several years anyway

- He chewed up a usb cord for my cell phone

- Bit holes in pieces of paper that had important things written down for friends on them. I  was actually going to give the paper to someone!

I think that's a considerable amount of destruction for having this fella only two weeks!!