What strang things does your cat eat?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like Ike, Pearl has begun eating those half-dead bees, that show up on our patio. She seems to be able to do it, without getting stung, though.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blondie can't resist lettuce. He chews it until is is a mushy green pulp and then leaves it for us on the bed. Yuck! He also eats bananas.

Pan and Jules both will grab my cereal bowl with a paw and try to forcibly pull it out of my grasp so they can get the milk. Mind you, they don't like and won't drink plain milk. They want the milk with the Lucky Charms residue in it!

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First time I see this thread. Interesting....

Well, I have to hide all fancy ribbons from Whiskers as she loves those. Forget about bringing in balloons because she goes nuts trying to catch the 'flying string'

She loves corn. I don't give it to her but one day, one of my boys left his plate in the living room and she was up on the table devouring the leftovers (corn only) She did not even touch the meat and potatos. Actually, come to think of it, neither did my son after he saw what she was doing!

And custard......well, she'll just about run you down so she can lick the cover.

But her all time favorite snack is: ladybugs. Makes my stomach turn but how do you stop your cat from eating a bug? Mission impossible....

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whisker's Mom, you just reminded me! Last week, I got KFC for us for lunch one day, and part of my lunch was a corn on the cob. Blondie came over to see what we were eating (as usual) and sniffed the corn, then proceeded to lick and bite at it. I gave it to him when I was just about finished and he gnawed on it for about ten minutes, loving every bit of it!

Bugs...eeewwww... my BF thought it would be fun to get a dozen crickets from the pet store and see how the cats reacted. (Had he mentioned this to me beforehand, it would NOT have happened, as I am very squeamish about bugs!). Well, he released the crickets in the basement and Pan and Jules went wild. They ate them all! YUCK!!! Poor crickets! I yelled at my BF and told him never to do that again!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Peedoodle is our cricket killer. eek!
But its funny that this thread should come up - Peedoodle has discovered he likes vegemite.
A kiwi cat in the making.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had lots of cats, who liked to eat crickets. Cats are eco-friendly pest control.

williewz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I keep hoping that Willie will eat any bugs that wander into the house, but the house has been bug-free so far... before he came, I only saw two itty-bitty spiders (I HATE spiders!) and a wood roach (Which is like a cockroach on steroids...they live under houses and come in when it rains heavily) that was about 2 in. EEEKKK!! I emptied half a can of raid on that thing and made H dispose of it when he got home.

So far, he likes to chew on string. Which is a little scary. I've tried to "de-string" the house, but do you know how much string is in the average house? He already found one of my hairs with dustbunnies on it, and got it in the back of his throat and was making choaking sounds
, scared the he!! out of me! He was fine, but I'm trying to keep an eye out for string like things, and the next time I'm out by Staples, I'm going to buy cord wraps.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Moths are the bug delicacy at my house.
They take turns stealing the half-dead moth from each other until Ophelia gets tired of the game and eats it.

My friend had a cat who would chase down flies, but when Bitten would get it in his mouth it would buzz and he'd move his head around like the fly was actually flying around inside his little mouth. It was so funny to see! Bitten would get tired of getting "buzzed" and open his mouth and the fly would just fly away. Start of a new game!

sockiesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Socks loves olives. Here she is begging for some pizza with olives:

I think the dog has been a bad influence on her.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It isn't just the cats. Pearl eats charcoal and the ashes from the grill. She and Ike both eat bees.

jilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat loves, loves lasagne. Although I try to keep it from her, she gets so frisky when I make it. She is passive about her food and not too picky, but she comes running for the Pounce treats. And, of course, the odd mouse that finds its way into our basement.

4everafter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats will eat just about anything... crackers, chips, ice cream, fries, and peanut butter cookie bits are their faves. Although I'm sure they'd love to eat a ton of that stuff, I only allow them a little bit every now and then