What strang things does your cat eat?

hopper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so glad to learn that Hopper is not the only strange cat that eats everything - He loves peaches, apples, tomatoes, cantaloupes, honey-dew mellons, and all sorts of mellons. He also LOVES rubber-bands which really worries me - those rubber bands come in with my mail and I have to be really careful with them!

So what other strang things does your cat eat?

TC
(Picture- Baby Hopper)

myste

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jorin likes broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, pasta, corn...but doesn't care for turkey or chicken (even fresh)... go figure. Tiger doesn't care for veggies, but likes scrambled potatoes & eggs with tabasco sauce. We generally offer a small piece of whatever we're eating for them, but if we leave our breakfast dishes after 'taters'n'eggs, then Tiger will lick the dish clean!

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tigger and Roo like tuna juice, but not tuna. They like to sniff everything and inspect everything I'm about to eat, but not much they will eat. If anything goes on the floor, Tigger will attempt to eat it. But not Roo. hmm, not a very good response for this thread eh?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Peedoodle likes to eat my chicken nuggets (the kind that I cook at home) - yesterday I cut some up for him and put them on a plate and he wouldnt eat them, only would eat them if I gave them to him personally.

He also loves to eat sugar cookies - he has a real sweet tooth and I have to be careful that I dont leave anything that can be dangerous to him lying around!

auburn412

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ed ate a rubber band once. Freaked me out!!! I just found one of his toy balls in his litterbox the other day. Hope it wasn't because he ate THAT!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ophelia used to be our little piggy. She would eat almost anything put in front of her! She especially liked gravy, any kind. She even ate Chex Mix once when I wasn't looking, just heard a little *crunch cruch*. She's much more picky now, but her favorite thing is alfredo sauce, but she likes regular tomato spaghetti sauce too.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ivo isn't that interested in human food, but she LOVES lettuce, especially the fancy spring mix lettuces.

flimflam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Someone posted a pic of their mittens eating peas a while ago... it looked so funny.

Moogie (rip) used to eat tofu, mashed potatoes, chips (french fries), curry sauce and rice.

Boris (a friend's cat) used to eat Marmite on toast. And yes, Marmite is better than Vegemite - more sour, more intense. My apologies to the antipodeans on the site, NOT!

bundylee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Firstly Marmite is no way better than vegemite so there :tounge2:

Tatyana (my Russian Blue) Eats the following -
Mangos
Peaches (We just shared one for breakfast)
Grapes (if I peel them)
Watermelon
Rockmelon
Banana
peas
cucumbers
potatoes
rice
Yoghurt (vanilla and mango)
Ice-cream
Cake
Tissues (she pinches them out of the box, shreads and then eats)
Etc Etc Etc

None of my other cats will even look at that stuff!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Other than the occasional bug, the cats don't eat anything strange. Pearl, however, will snag a chunk of charcoal whenever she can get it. She will, also, eat cigarettes.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MMMMmmmm, cigarettes, yummy! LOL!

We don't give them much people food. But we will try little bits of things just to see if they'll eat it (mean people!)

Sheldon - likes the oats from lucky charms. They both like multi-grain chex. They'll both eat a little tomato and carrot, and Shelly likes apple.

They both LOVE any kind of meat or fish. We haven't experimented on Spooky yet!

zanniesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sally won't eat any treats, she just likes her kibble. She won't even eat canned food. The only other thing she likes is the pink bubblegum flavor antibiotic drops she had for an infection. Licked it right from the dropper. Becky

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Faile tries to eat rubber bands, too. She can sniff them out really well. Sometimes I wonder why she's at a stack of papers, then I realize there's a rubber band. She has also eaten baked potato with sour cream.

Molly likes to chew on paper. Her favorite is the sticky parts of envelopes. I have to keep the bills out of her way, or the envelopes have little holes all over them. I guess I know her opinion on the bills.

Tara (now at the Bridge) used to eat Italian salad dressing and she also liked spaghetti sauce.

crazy-cat-lover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's what my cats like!

Twinkles- Oysters, Sardines and Vanilla Yogurt.

Peppurr- Leather(he chews it), Macarroni and Cheese, ice cream, butter, toilet paper and tea.

Vader- Doesn't really like anything but cat food and sliced meat.

Mimi- All vegetables, ranch chip dip, shortbread cookies and ice cream.

Majesty- Anything that looks like meat!

Hercules- Pop, potato chips, coffee, ice cream and nachos.

Mischief- Life Savers, cookies, licorice, peanut butter toast, green vegetables and beef jerky.

Rascal- Anything that he can eat(except chocolate)!

Felix- Frozen peas, stew and apple pie.

Xena- Broccoli, cranberries and squash.

wibble

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh I am glad it's not just Corky who is obsessed with elastic bands, although she doesn't try to eat them she just hunts them. She is also very considerate and lets me know (loudly) when she's managed to find one

As for food she loves chips / fries, we have had to start putting her in the kitchen if we have them now as she starts to steal them from our plates. She also likes yoghurt and will pretty much try anything we offer her. Jinxy is less greedy, she normally sniffs everything, chews a bit on it and then if thats ok she will then eat it - she even does this with her normal treats the strange kitty.

When we had Cleo she really was greedy, she ate for the sake of it and would attempt to eat anything you had, or anything that smelled like food