What should I do??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
no, they gave me albon and.. metronidazole? is that similar to clavamox?

she still has her appetite luckily. she's got a lil burn on her back legs and butt from the diarrhea. i gave her some A+D cream to help it out. i've also been disinfecting like crazy so hopefully it doesn't spread...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Albon and metronidazole are good. Is the diarrhea better today? A&D helps a lot too. I hope no one else gets it! [emoji]128528[/emoji]

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
me too! yes thankfully the diarrhea has calmed down a bit. she went all night without being unable to make it to the litter box in time and no vomiting either. she went back for fluids today and has been sleeping most of the day. (for some reason she really likes the carrier? i haven't put it up yet because she keeps going back to sleep in it lol. i guess she feels safe.)

i took the others to get weighed too. at the most, Shay (fuzzybutt's look alike) and Tiger (the fluffy orange one) are 1.2 lbs and 1.3 lbs respectively! the boy that looks like princess (calling him Duke!) was 1.1. and then the little girl that's been behind on the weaning (calling her Ruby) was lowest at .9lbs. the girl that's been sick (calling her Sunny) was at 1 lbs. i wanna get the two girls back up to healthier weights before i even think of finding homes for them.

also got some extra albon in case the symptoms show up in anybody else!

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good idea to get the extra albon. Poor little girl is worn out. Is she eating again yet?

I don't blame you for wanting to get some weight on them. Sounds like they need it.

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes! I just fed them all some wet food and she came up to get some. She's also nursing on her mom now too. I think she's feeling better!

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
everyone's doing really good today! the diarrhea finally stopped and sunny has had some relief. she and the others have all been pretty active and have ate several times today. they also made a clubhouse under my bed, because my comforter drapes down on two sides, and they managed to get a pillow scooted underneath there.. and they gather there. i'm really glad they don't seem to be getting sicker.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww, that sounds so cute! I'm glad they are doing well. [emoji]128149[/emoji]

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! So I wanted to update this thread one last time before I leave it.

All the kittens grew up, and two found homes. Still looking for homes for the other two. Shay, however, is sticking with us: and not even because she likes me very much. She doesn't seem to enjoy being held or picked up, and often shirks any of my attempts of giving her attention. however, she LOVES getting attention from her daddy. i don't even think/know if she's aware that he's her daddy, or if he knows that she's his daughter, but they really do act like it.

Their connection is really adorable! And I'm really enjoying it, as you can see.

Bonus of four of them claiming my mom's chair: