What should I do??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
it went really well! :D they didn't totally reject it haha. they do a kind of curious, poking around at it like they do with water. they're not totally into it yet though but i suspect they just need some more time.

they're officially starting to climb out of the box by themselves! how in the world did they grow up so quickly??

also, hehe. shay was trying to play with her daddy's tail the other day. they are just precious.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, you've done this a lot. They'll get there soon enough. I'll bet they are cute as buttons! How about some more pictures when you get a chance? [emoji]128571[/emoji]

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah, it just takes a lil time. :)

i'm happy to say they did a lot better with it today! lots of lip smacking and nibbling hehe.

yes! i'll take a bunch of photos asap! :D

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are so precious! Oh, my gosh! I love the coloring on those calicos! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

Which one are you keeping?

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aren't they adorable??

I'm keeping Shay, the one looking into the camera in the first photo! With the lil black on her nose. Cause she looks so much like her daddy!

All but two are long haired too, just like their dad. The lil orange one squished up against his sister sleeping? He has the THICKEST fur ever! His face makes him looks like a really fat chipmunk!

I also cut a hole into the side of the box they've been staying in, because they can climb over it now. So they come out to play, get food and water, and use their mini litter box (they're doing so well!) and then they all go back to the box when they get sleepy!

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So adorable! I wish I could take the other little calico kitten! I love calicos. Had one from 5 weeks to age 21 - still miss her.

The door in the box is clever. Love this little stage. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If there was a way to get her to you you could definitely have her! :)

i got some more pics-

their daddy is HARD AT WORK taking care of them if you can't tell:

as a side note, i think i spoiled two of them with the supplementing a bit. when they wake up they come to my bed mewing at me.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, bless their little hearts. "Miss, we want our milk please." I swear I'd give them some for being so darn cute!

That little orange kitty is really cute too - almost looks like a fox!

Where do you live?

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
YES i know i always cave in and feed them just because they're so cute about asking for it.

i live in northeastern north carolina! :) any chance you live nearby? i'd be pretty happy if one of them went to someone like you. 

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
noooo that's so far away. :(

yes haha! if i had the car that was capable of making a road trip then i would definitely be up for it.

as an update, the kittens have been doing good. :) they're eating dry food but still begging me for milk sometimes. so i put it in a lil dish and they drink til their heart's content. except one of the gals, she's having a bit of a rough time switching over. i didn't notice immediately and she lost some weight. but i've been feeding her 4-5 times a day with mush and milk and she's been gaining it back.

she's also had a bit of a rough time keeping warm, i guess from the lack of weight on her lil body. i've been having to wrap her up in one of my blankets and cuddling with her all day basically.
she falls asleep pretty instantly whenever she gets warm. it's really precious.

they also figured out how to climb into the big kitty litter box, thank goodness, because the adults kept wanting to use the tiny box.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, goodness gracious! There always seems to be a laggard, doesn't there?

I'm so glad you are giving the little miss special attention and making sure she eats and catches up. She obviously wasn't on the same time table for weaning as the others!

You do such a great job with your fosters!

Yes, funny about the litter pans. My mama cat wanted to put giant logs in the pan I set up for the babies last year too! I feel your pain! Luckily, mine started climbing in the big pan too!

Keep up the nice job! [emoji]128149[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yeah, it seems like it! it's no big deal, just doing what i can to get her on her feet. :)

yeah i don't know why they do it!
it's like the minute i put sand in they wanna go scratch around and use it. silly big kitties!

last night though one of them (the lil calico girl with the orange patch on her head) started throwing up and having pretty bad diarrhea. we took her to the vet this morning and got some meds for coccidia just in case (even though it came back negative), and some fortiflora because her intestinal bacteria was apparently a lil off. i had to turn up the heat in my room because she was shivering pretty badly too. i fed them a can of wet food last night and i'm wondering if it was expired or just a bad batch.

anyway, the vet said she'd be okay as long as i kept her hydrated. she's going back tomorrow for more fluids and i'm having the lil girl that fell behind checked for the bacteria too.

and here's some pics!

i'm OBSESSED with how fluffy this lil guy is!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, dear. I hope the little one will be okay. Coccidia never shows up in a fecal. It's a special test. How is she now? Is she eating again or drinking milk? Glad you got her to the vet so quickly!

They are really cute! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm glad it happened on a Thursday night! cause i get my paycheck on Fridays.
thank goodness that worked out lol.

she doesn't have much of an appetite but she's been drinking water pretty well. i also gave her some warm formula with the fortiflora and she seemed to be quite okay with that.

no more throwing up at least! still waiting for the diarrhea to go away. gonna watch the others closely now for symptoms, but they're all eating like pigs and playing normally so far.