What products have you bought that you won't buy again?

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, any number of cat toys that the boys never play with! They have soooo many around here that they won't even touch!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

I don't know why desserts have to be sooo sweet. American companies put way too much sugar in sweets, yuck.

I will never buy fat free mayonaisse, salad dressing, sour cream, cream cheese, ice cream, etc. Tastes like poop. I don't mind the low fat, but the fat free is gross.
I agree on the fat free cream cheese..I bought it once and it was like water

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh lets see.....

Soy Milk (when we found out i was lactose intolerant it was the first thing i tried....i now know i have a sensitivity to soy too....so no soy milk for me

Sunlight dish detergent- it is by far the worst dish detergent i've EVER tried.It left residue all over my dishes and didn't clean at all- it's aweful! I defintiely won't skimp out on dish detergent anymore to save a few pennies.

Glade plug ins- the fragrance just isn't as strong as i'd like it to be. I like Airwick and the little Renuzit's better

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted shampoo/conditioner for waves and curls- it turned my hair into a nightmare

Cheap kitty litter- when I have my 4 girls plus foster kittens- i just can't afford to skimp on quality and odor control- i now use arm and hammer multi cats and i've very pleased with it

Yoplait Chocolate Mouse Whipps- it's disghusting and it doesn't taste like chocolate yogurt at all
my sister and nephew didn't like it eithor

Cheap TP- doesn't work when you have issues
I use Cottonell *in the pink wrap* now

Target's off brand of "febreeze" - it doesn't work at all and it was a complete waste of money- it also did nothing to freshen up my fabrics- so now i spend a little extra money for the real Febreeze.

Life cereal with yogurt bites- it's gross.
I got it discounted at Big Lots and thought i'd give it a try- i'll never use that again

Soft Soap, Irish Spring and other soaps like that - i'm allergic

Walmart's White Peach Grape Juice- sounded really good- but tastes repulsive
I'll just stick to the regular walmart white grape juice

i'll think of more when i post later...hopefully i'll think of some bad ones i've used before so that nobody else will waste their hard earned cash on it.Normally I buy off brands or name brands at Big Lots...I'll buy name brands when i have cupons if it's on sale or whatever else. I'm not picky and things do not have to be brand name for me...but if have found some things that are better quality and stick to them now instead of trying to skimp on them.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH yea, I paid $10 for a small bottle of Biolage Conditioner...and my head itched the whole time I used it.

I was scratching my head trying to figure it out

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheap garbage bags cause they tear toooo easy. As for food, the Slimfast bars.They taste like cardboard to me.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I don't even know if it's on the market, but the Coke Blak that was supposed to be coffee and coke or something like that.
Tasted like burnt sugar to me - not even like strong coffee. It was nasty.
Ugh, that stuff is terrible. I'll never buy Coke BLECK again!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I like that too!
Did you really? It just had a weird taste to me.
Maybe it's just me
I'll stick to the regular Walmart White Grape Juice
Gotta love that stuff and it tastes just like welches

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

DH bought some cheap AfterEight knock-offs the other day. They were terrible, and went straight in the bin. Yuck! Chocolate is not something to skimp on!
AMEN, SISTER!!!!!!!

I also will not buy the fat free pudding cups.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lever 2000 (soap) - I tried it when it first came years ago...and the smell was HORRIBLE

South Beach diet cereal - they look like spoon size shredded wheat with cinnamon...the cinnamon tasted like Big Red gum - ick!

Wheatabix...I had a great coupon. Became way to soggy and unpleasant tasting immediately. I eat many bland cereals...but this was HORRIBLE (esp when it is melted mush from the milk)

Axl yogurt (I think that is the brand name - yuck!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree on the Chocolate whips yogurt-quite disapointing.
I won't buy any low fat/sugar free/fat free stuff either-its not worth the money or the calories.. And speaking of calories if I'm drinking beer do not buy me Miller Light or Bud Light-water tastes better!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought of another one. I bought Skintimate shave gel in the raspberry rain scent and threw it out. It smelled like feet.

Maybe I got a bad batch or something because it seems to be one of their more popular scents, but I have gone back to buying their citrus scent like always.

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought a storebrand swiffer-like wet mopping pads. They totally sucked. You're really not saving $2.00 if you have to use twice as many or more.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...I don't think I'm going to buy this Sugar free Spiced Cider stuff again. Its OK and warms me up, but has a funny taste about it.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crock Pot Classics or whatever they were called (premade meal in a bag, you just dumped them in the crock pot) I bought the chicken and dumplings kind and it was so nasty the dog wouldn't even touch it!!
Plus it made my whole house stink!!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Crock Pot Classics or whatever they were called (premade meal in a bag, you just dumped them in the crock pot) I bought the chicken and dumplings kind and it was so nasty the dog wouldn't even touch it!!
Plus it made my whole house stink!!
I have a beef pot roast one in my freezer right now that I haven't tried yet.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure there's a frozen pizza in the freezer as back-up dinner.