What one thing did you do today that made you smile?

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My one thing today that made me really smile (there's lots of reasons every day... but this one hits home!)...

I approached my boss about working part-time in the office, part-time from home. I now get to put my daughter on the bus every morning AND pick her up from SCHOOL every single day!!! I always loved my job but now, wowwie. I'm lucky & got loads of reasons to smile. My little girl is going to be totally thrilled. I get to be a full-time working mom but also a sorta-stay-home mom too.

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CyberKitten

The best thing I did today was to inform a 16 year old girl her cancer was in remission. A very happy occasion!!!
That stopped me in my tracks totally. I bet she wept and i bet you did inside too. I Bet words cant say what you did or explain how it must feel to tell it to someone.
Thanks for sharing
K

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That must have been a truly wonderful feeling!
I finally found the floor in what is to be my massage and meditation room. When we moved, it became the short term storage room, and things are finally getting to their proper places so I can have my quiet room It will be the only no smoking room in the house, and I am really happy bout that.

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The one thing that REALLY made me smile today...my little 6 1/2 wk. old Elsie has been on Amoxy & Albon for possible Coccidia...her stools have been stinky enough to clear out the entire house & mushy. FINALLY after 2-weeks of mush & stench, this morning her stool liked like a little tootsie-roll
I was so happy I was ready to scoop it out of the litter box, dry it out and save it as an ashtray

It's the little things guys

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CyberKitten

The best thing I did today was to inform a 16 year old girl her cancer was in remission. A very happy occasion!!!
How wonderful, that made me smile too, to hear that her cancer is in remission, hurray!

siberian tiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bet that made your day with news like that.
Mine was finding out my looney just recent and now ex-girl friend moved to another state.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been feeling under the weather yesterday and today and Reilly has been laying all over me, it's his way of saying "get better mommy" it makes me smile

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found an easy-up canopy at a swap mart for 1/4 the price in stores. The Humane Society that I volunteer for has been looking to buy one for a few years but they have been too expensive. I bought it and will donate it to the president tonight for her birthday (her best presents are donations to rescue). I broke into the biggest grin when I found it for so cheap. Tonight I bring a smile to someone else.

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I won the football pool today!!!
In a sheetmetal fabrication shop, against 10 men & 2 other women from the office! It was a battle of the babes last night, I squeaked it out with 3 points! Her father gives her picks(cheater) & I do my own. They greeted me this morning with bows to this week's "swami", I did my silly glory pose & won 65 bucks!

dazeemazeegraze

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A few days ago I purchased an action scratcher toy for my kitties, it broke and I took it back to the store this afternoon. While waiting to speak with an associate, there was an elderly couple trying to get a carrier for their cat.

I got one off the shelf, and after looking at two others with missing tabs, put their selection together for them.

cyber cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got up with Anthony this morning at 5 a.m. and went to the kitchen to get a drink, Katie run over to me and meowed for her morning treat; that made me smile.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to delivery toys to the Newborn Rescue group in town. They currently have 4 kittens aged 6 weeks to 4 months up for adoption. Nothing like playing with a pile of hand-reared bottle fed orphans to bring a *HUGE* smile to your face.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talked my friend into pressing charges against my own sister to attempted breaking into her house and did damages to the property. =D

Sounds stupid.. but she needs to learn her lesson. =D

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I paid someone a compliment today. That made me smile. (Okay, actually I was hitting on her.
)

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I helped scare a baby deer away from running out into a busy road!

I was driving and saw what looked like a dog in someone's yard. I didn't think anything of it until it got really close to the road and I could tell it was a baby deer! No mother to be found!!! It was all by itself and getting ready to run into the road. I pulled into the driveway, honked, and opened my door and it took off into the woods! Yay!!!

I just hope it finds its momma now!