What Meal........

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
cream of mushroom soup=add frozen veggies- kielbasa. YUCK. It was so bad that my dad and I snuck out to go to Burger King when mom went back to lay down in her bedroom after cooking. It took me a long time before I would even try anything with mushroom soup..but yep that combination was just wrong!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We didn't have to eat anything we didn't like. foxxycat foxxycat I remember eating something similar once and also hating it. I think it was at a friend's house though and it had sliced hard boiled eggs in it too. :barfgreen:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vienna sausages with Kraft mac and cheese. :dizzy:

What on earth... I can't even...

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Frozen chicken pot pie when my parents went out and had a baby sitter for us. Bleh. Heated cardboard in goo. They may be ok today, but this was when “TV dinners” were starting to take off back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Even dinosaurs wouldn’t eat them.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vienna sausages with Kraft mac and cheese. :dizzy:

What on earth... I can't even...
My family has always eaten mac & cheese with either hot dogs or breakfast sausage. I prefer breakfast sausage but the hot dogs aren't terrible, and I think Vienna sausages are just teeny hot dogs, lol. Anyway, it's not so weird.

We weren't forced to eat anything we didn't like. If we didn't like it we could make ourselves a sandwich or a bowl of cereal. I went through a stage where I wouldn't eat anything with loose ground beef in it, and my mom put ground beef in most things (spaghetti sauce, chili, "goulash", etc.), so I had a lot of sandwiches.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I can hardly write this without getting nauseated; liver and onions. My mother was anemic at one point in time and we had it often. After realizing it really did make me sick, I no longer had to eat it. But I love goose liver pate......strange.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family has always eaten mac & cheese with either hot dogs or breakfast sausage. I prefer breakfast sausage but the hot dogs aren't terrible, and I think Vienna sausages are just teeny hot dogs, lol. Anyway, it's not so weird.

We weren't forced to eat anything we didn't like. If we didn't like it we could make ourselves a sandwich or a bowl of cereal. I went through a stage where I wouldn't eat anything with loose ground beef in it, and my mom put ground beef in most things (spaghetti sauce, chili, "goulash", etc.), so I had a lot of sandwiches.
I know it's not weird -- I just don't like it, then or now, per the OP's question. No biggie!

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can hardly write this without getting nauseated; liver and onions. My mother was anemic at one point in time and we had it often. After realizing it really did make me sick, I no longer had to eat it. But I love goose liver pate......strange.
Me too. My mom always thought I was being dramatic about not being able to eat it until as an adult she asked me to try it again. I did and it made me vomit.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
this was when “TV dinners” were starting to take off back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Even dinosaurs wouldn’t eat them.
:crackup: That's funny.

Lima beans with ham. :barf:

I haven't eaten a lima bean in over 40 years.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thankfully my mother is a very good cook and I'm not picky enough to come up with a whole meal; but instant mashed potatoes are definitely my refuse to cook item! Especially when it's so easy to get a bag of OreIda's Steam & Mash (which I make somewhat regularly). Instant potatoes are just gross to me. They don't taste right. Boxed potatoes too.

We mostly ate that kind of thing (like Hamburger Helper/boxed meal things) back in the days when it was just Mom and I so finances were tight. I may have been out of the house before she stopped making the instant potatoes though. And an adult before I admitted I don't like them. :lol:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetbreads and scrambled eggs. Pork chops, which in the dinosaur era, were very greasy and fatty. They aren't now, and I eat them. Also, can't stand succotash - corn and lima beans.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's not weird -- I just don't like it, then or now, per the OP's question. No biggie!
Oh, haha, when you said "what on Earth" I thought you meant it was weird :tongue:.

I was a weird kid and liked broccoli and liver and other strange foods. I also went through phases. At one point I hated mayonnaise and loved mustard. Just slathered it on everything. And then I hated mustard and loved mayo, and slathered IT on everything. Now I like them both the normal amount, lol. Idk, maybe my taste buds actually changed a lot when I was a kid.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anything with broad beans or eggplant. I love all sorts of other pod/ pole beans now but the big giant Italian broad ones still put me off. Eggplant is the same. No it doesn't matter how its prepared. When I was a full-vegetarian everyone made me eggplant and it was pretty awful.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pork chops and ham. Mom only bought bone-in pork chops and always made them the exact same way. They were extremely dry and overcooked and just gross:barfgreen: Ham just got a million cloves stuck into it and baked until dry and gross :barfgreen: