What kind of skin type do you have?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Good luck with the eczema - actually i have a little patch beneath my eye, so ill see if it works!
What you should try is taking "Evening Primrose Oil"

Many years ago I was plagued with eczema on the side of my wrist and the inside of my right knee. It was awful! Itchy, scaley, weepy. It was just gross.

The pharmacist near where I lived at the time was filling a new prescription for me for my eczema that contained Mercury and I happened to mention that I hope that this one worked!

He started to tell me about something called "Efamol" aka Evening Primrose Oil. It's something you take like you would a vitamin supplement. He didn't have any in stock but said he could order some in if I was interested. So I accepted!

I was amazed. My eczema cleared up and I haven't had a bout of it since, not once. I've also recommended it to some friends and co-workers and their eczema cleared up too.

I've done research on Evening Primrose Oil and have found several articles that indicate that there is some evidence supporting the possible effectivene of evening primrose oil in the treatment of . . . PMS . . . sore breasts, multiple sclerosis, atopic eczema, various diabetes-associated problems, cardiovascular disease, and several other conditions.

http://www.efamol.com/news.asp?i=84

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can have really dry skin during the winter months, but in the summer months I have pretty "normal" skin. Not too much of this or that.

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have oily skin and use the Body Shop's Tea Tree line for my facewash and moisturizer. It's made a huge difference in my skin - my face is MUCH more balanced than it used to be.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use anything on my face... It's not oily nor dry except for in the deep winter when it will dry out some. I have very fair skin and freckle easily, burn easily and am sensative so I just leave it alone!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm voted Combo skin.

Right now my skin is extremely dry. I use Aveeno for my body and Nivea face cream for my face.

For washing though I use Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash.

In the summer however I'm prone to more oily skin and so I breakout more.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I have that to but they didnt have a 55 gallon drum it doesn't help this mess
do you have psorasis, sebboria or exema (sp?) that could be causing your really dry skin- if so, a derm can give you lotions that will help
i have psorasis.[/quote]

No don't have any of tha, I dont know if it has anything to do with having very thin skin or not but I do, I think right now here in So Ca the weather is causing some of it

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My skin is pretty normal, a little sensitive at times. I've always loved and used Noxzema for a facial wash and I use St. Ives Collagen Elastin moisturizer, which I just started using about a year ago. I love St. Ives products.

I was having a big problem with my hands being very dry and sore, but ever since I've been using bar soap instead for washing my hands it seems that the problem has gone away. The Aveeno hand lotion I think is really helping too.