What kind of skin type do you have?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm going to be 45 in March and still have super oily skin! I always have and hate it. I've never been plagued with acne though.

I use one of two things to wash my face: 1. Biore Facial Cleanser 2. Plain hand soap.

Except for a bit of vaseline on my lips in the winter, I never put any kind of moisturizer on or near my face.
Is Biore facial cleanser good for breakouts too?

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My skin tends to be a wee bit dry--not usually any scaling or peeling; it used to be a bit oily into my early 20's. I have very sensitive skin; I can't wear make-up; even hypoallergenic stuff, no matter how expensive. I can only use Mabelline concealer under my eyes, and I apply lipstick to stain my lips, then I wipe it off. I love Dove moisturizing lotion, the sensitive skin one (the one with sunscreen irritates my face). It's getting harder to find! It's great--it makes my skin very smooth. I also wash my face with honey and water a few times a week--it really beautifies your skin, and is very safe (and cheap!). I also occasionally blot a mixture of cider vinegar and water on my face; very refreshing, and it seems to make my skin look better. I really believe in natural beauty products like honey and vinegar. When my lips or face are very dry, I sometimes apply olive oil on a tssue, and wipe the excess off. Again, it works beautifully. I never use soap on my face, just a warm washcloth.

I think the best facial care involves eating a healthy diet, sleeping well (yeah, right!), no smoking nor excessive drinking, no drugs, and drinking lots of water. I know it doesn't sound like fun...

MargeCat

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My face tends to be oily and my body tends to be dry.

On my face I usually use Mary Kay Velocity wash and lotion. The lotion is very light and smooth. In fact, it almost feel like a powder finish lotion but it's not. If I use a mask or home micro-derm then I'll use a deeper moitrurizer (MK Oil Free Hydrating Gel) which is still very light and non-greasy.

On my body I use lubriderm only because I also have very sensative skin and most other lotions cause me to break out. No matter what I do I get gator patches of skin in the winter.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My face is normal for the most part (save for hot summer days), but my body (hands & feet mostly) is SO dry. I also have eczema....and suffer through that in the winter....

I use Neutragena face wash with a make-up remover in it. And always use moisturizer with an spf in it.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Mine is what you would call combination I guess. I have to moisturize my t-zone or it gets flaky, but too much and its gets super oily. It's pretty frustrating.

My favorite moisturizer so far was a gift from a friend. It's called "Dream Cream" and is by Lush cosmetics. The smell takes some getting used to, but it really is an awesome moisturizer. Because its made from fresh ingredients it has an expiration date so I might try to find one from their line with a better smell next time.
I LOVE dream cream - its so nice on the skin, and I need to use mine up before it expires in A few months. I wish they would sell it in smaller tubs too!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I LOVE dream cream - its so nice on the skin, and I need to use mine up before it expires in A few months. I wish they would sell it in smaller tubs too!
Got any recommendations of other moisturizers of theirs, or have you only tried the dream cream?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im trying to remember the names - sympathy for the skin is lovely and so is the hand one...I can't remember the name. Bugger.

I use Dream Cream because I get occasional bouts of eczema on my arms and I was told by the girl in the shop about it, dream cream clears it right away!

I use their soaps and shampoos as well - their demon in the dark is the only one that works on getting ink off my body - I work at the post office and their ink is so impossible to get off me, and when I got the demon in the dark, the ink came off right away! I love the smell too - it took a bit of getting used to but once I started using it more, I loved it.

I use their godiva shampoo bar. They last forever!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I use Dream Cream because I get occasional bouts of eczema on my arms and I was told by the girl in the shop about it, dream cream clears it right away!
Cool! I have a spot of eczema on my lower back but have never used the Dream Cream on it. I'm gonna start trying that tonight and see if it helps. Thanks for the tip!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with the eczema - actually i have a little patch beneath my eye, so ill see if it works!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My skin is SO DRY! I hate this time of year because we have very cold and very dry wind, so my skin basically feels like it's going to alternately burn or itch off of my body, including my face.

I use Organic Tea Tree Oil as a toner, and LUSH Aquamarina . I also use Burt's Bees almond and coconut oil body oils and LUSH Skin Drink as body lotions/moisturizers. I use Happy Hippy as a shower soap and it makes me smell like a big ol' grapefruit.

I've heard that LUSH's Coalface works really well for oily/combo skin.

Emily_325....try Coconut and Almond Smoothie if you want a body wash of theirs. It smells great...you smell sort of like vanilla and ylang ylang after washing with it. And it's a bath cream that you put directly on your skin, so it's nice for dry skin.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Very oily. I can not go more than a day and a half without washing my hair. Usually by the AM, I feel dirty, even if just the hair around my face looks somewhat dirty because of the oil on my face.

I've had acne since the 4th grade. I've been on antibiotics and all that lovely stuff for it. I don't even try to hide it because all makeup concealers make me break out worse. I do use a moisturizer with spf 15 though. And it's supposed to be for oily skin.

I also have eczema, but my breakouts are scattered, like right now on my pinky and middle finger. Usually they come where I have had cheap metal touching my skin. But not always. I use a cream the dr gave me for that.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Emily_325....try Coconut and Almond Smoothie if you want a body wash of theirs. It smells great...you smell sort of like vanilla and ylang ylang after washing with it. And it's a bath cream that you put directly on your skin, so it's nice for dry skin.
That looks DIVINE. I'll try it!

luvslive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my skin tends to be dry, and i have occassional breakouts. my skin is sensitive to some products.
I use the following products without problem on my face:
DHC mild lotion
DHC skin softener
Oil of Olay lotion with SPF
sometimes an Almay lotion with kinetin in it
just ordered a Vitamin E exfoliator from the body shoppe..will see how that works.
On my body:
Quench body lotion works really well
Body Shoppe lotions

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Is Biore facial cleanser good for breakouts too?
Biore makes a number of skin products and some are geared towards acne.

I use just the normal 'shine control cleanser' because my face is super oily.

Here is a link showing all of their products. Most if not all should be available locally in your drug store.

http://www.biore.com/usa/products/index.asp