What Kind Of Car Do You Drive?

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drive a Lincoln LS. It's got a V8 engine in it, so she can pick up and goooo! I love this car!

here's a pic taken from my cell phone:

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a '00 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS. I've been wanting a Toyota Prius for 2 years now.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lil_Axl_Gurl

Well we have a Toyota corolla here that's going to be mine eventually.......it's a hand me down..

and honestly..i hope i don't drive as bad as i walk
Don't feel bad about the hand-me-down Toyota - if your folks have cared for it at ALL it will serve you well and you shouldn't have any major problems to deal with. And it beats the hell out of a 10yr old Chevette (my first car, bought for $500)

I bought my '94 last August, w/125k mi on it, and had no qualms. My mother, on the other hand, thought I was nuts. She's bought American for many years now, and didn't maintain her vehicles properly, so she was usually looking into getting rid of them by then.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

Don't feel bad about the hand-me-down Toyota - if your folks have cared for it at ALL it will serve you well and you shouldn't have any major problems to deal with.
I'll second that. We got our '89 Corolla in the mid 90s (forget exactly what year). We were reasonably confident of her history, because she came from Rob's sister, who doesn't mistreat her vehicles and simply needed something different -- a truck. She's been great.

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our (my) commuter car is an 03 Kia Spectra. The dog hauler is a 99 S-10 pickup and my hubby's car is a 00 Kia Sportage.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

You almost did, Pat. After my altercation the other night with the cyclist, it wasn't clear whether the car would be repaired or written off (a near thing), but I'm pleased to report that even as we speak, she's in the shop getting made beautiful again.
Oh I missed reading about that! Glad she's being repaired.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

My Grandpa has a 1979 Chevy Impala! Can ya top that one?
No...but I thought we were talking about forum member's cars so...your grandpa's car doesn't count
right?? Or maybe I'll highjack this thread, we'll talk about rides..any rides..and then, my husband has a classic Goldwing motorcycle, from the mid 1970's (I think...he's not home so I can't give exact age of the bike).

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

No...but I thought we were talking about forum member's cars so...your grandpa's car doesn't count
right?? Or maybe I'll highjack this thread, we'll talk about rides..any rides..and then, my husband has a classic Goldwing motorcycle, from the mid 1970's (I think...he's not home so I can't give exact age of the bike).
Awwwww, fooey!

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, since we're talking about hijacking, my dad has a '73 Nash Rambler American, a classic which was basically given to him by a friend last year for the cost of parts. This REALLY helped my dad out, as he had a 92/93? Dodge Aries that was on it's last leg, and had to have extensive repairs in order to pass inspection. Dad's on a fixed income, and I can't help him much right now either. BUT, since the Rambler is considered a Classic, it doesn't have to go thru inspection and qualifies for a cheaper licensing fee!! It has less than 70k original miles on it and runs better than the Aries EVER did. I was soo happy for him.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually drive what is technically my husband's car, black 2000 Toyota Echo but I also have a black 1995 Plymoth Neon (before Dodge bought em). We may be replacing the neon soon though. Which reminds me...I cant get the darn cap off to add oil and it needs it before I drive it anywhere.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1994 Chevy Cavalier.....122K on it and still going strong! Even though I'm the worst driver EVER! BUT planning on getting a new car in the spring
FINALLY!!