What jokes were made about your last name?

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Mom also had a teacher friend who had twin boys in her class whose first names were Orangejello and Lemonjello. I kid you not. SOOOOOOO mean on the part of the parents.

Were they originally from Savannah?
Katherine, my mom taught kids with the same names! She also had a friend who taught a kid whose name was pronounced "Shatheed" but it was spelled "Sh*thead". How cruel can a parent be??

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Katherine, my mom taught kids with the same names! She also had a friend who taught a kid whose name was pronounced "Shatheed" but it was spelled "Sh*thead". How cruel can a parent be??
As a nurse, my mom has heard some real winners as far as baby names. Last year, a woman came in and gave birth to a baby girl. She named her daughter "Ash * holy" but spelled it As*hole. My mom, the other nurses and even the woman's doctor tried telling her about the spelling etc, and she wouldn't change it! There was also a girl born named Marajuana Pepsi Jackson (named after her parents two favorite things). She had her name legally changed the minute she turned 18. I think she just goes by Mary Jackson now.

I have met a family through teaching who named their son Wrage pronounced Rage, and named his younger sister who will enter kindergarten this fall Wriot pronounced riot.

I just don't understand why any parent would give their kids a name that opens them to ridicule

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow are these people mental?

Here in germany you arent allowed to name your kids like that, not even after fruit or veggies unless you can prove that its a common name in the country youre from!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Wow now that's odd!

And that seconds part......
how could anyone DO that?! Some people!

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a friend whose mother worked for the county Health Department, you know, with all the women's health posters on the wall. . . She overheard one of the moms-to-be remarking "Sif-FILE-us, now that's a pretty name for a girl!"

Mom had been reading an info poster on Syphilis. Yes, that's a lovely name for a child!