What jokes were made about your last name?

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

sounds like: fur-air-ruh
i dont know if that helps

anderson is an okay name, easier to say and spell anyway... cant wait to have it again!
Okay, so I had it right then. So.... ummmmm... can your dad get me a discount on Anderson bats? He must
be related. I mean.... how many Andersons can there be in North America?

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

I got one for you... my sister got married to a man with the last name of Felter. Her co-workers made of her name... she was then known as:

Toni Felter-Bunns and LIKED IT!
My husband once knew a woman whose maiden name was Bent, and her husband's last name was Dick, so she became Marsha Bent-Dick. I kid you not.

If my grandmother were to add all of her last names together she'd be Elaine Finger Dye Marks....but she just goes by Marks, thank goodness!

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Okay, so I had it right then. So.... ummmmm... can your dad get me a discount on Anderson bats? He must
be related. I mean.... how many Andersons can there be in North America?
oh, of course,we are the only ones...
didnt ya know, our house is right next to the factory, i will just run over there and swipe a few for ya!

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my maiden name was whiley and at school i used to get wile - e -coyote

Remember that thread about what we hate about our bodies?? Well, I started, ahem, "blooming" in about 5th or 6th grade. I was always well-endowed (still am, dammit) AND my last name is. . . . . .

WOOTERS

Kinda speaks for itself, don't it??

sorry.....your post made me laugh!

felicia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey Cheryl, I had no idea your last name was part of your username!
To bad you've heard them all. Maybe I could think up some new ones though.
Really? I took the C in Cheryl and Cocco and came up with ccocco and since I love cats, just added that to it. Hence ccoccocats

I'm a Genius! BTW Ryan I would L O V E it if YOU were to come up with some good ones. I think, personally, you have the greatest sense of humor. I so much love it.

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CJandBilly

Go for it... we all know you're just joking
Hey Cassie, I would, but, you never confirmed if your last name was Bunn? Let me know and I'll take it from there.

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joke #1:
Cassie the "Crumb Bunn"

Joke #2:

Two guys in a diner:
1st guy: Hey Cassie can I have one of your buns, they look pretty good?
2nd guy: Her buns aren't all they're CRACKED up to be!!!!!

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My grade 3 French teacher's last name was Dick. Madame Dick (we would call her My Dam* Dick)! Oh, and her husband's name was Harry... I kid you not!!

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My last name is Armitage. Not many people know how to pronounce it.
It's Arm-a-tage. (last part sounds like age)

I don't remember too many jokes about it.. only one from a kid who used to be on my bus stop in the 6th or 7th grade.. he used to call me "Katie ArmNHammer". I used to hate him for it. But I got the best.. *his* name was Tracey Hippensteel. haha I had fun with that!

I think the worst was a kid I used to go to high school with.. His name was........

Marinos Marinos Marinos!!
First, middle AND last. No wonder he was such a jerk!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ccoccocats

Really? I took the C in Cheryl and Cocco and came up with ccocco and since I love cats, just added that to it. Hence ccoccocats

I'm a Genius! BTW Ryan I would L O V E it if YOU were to come up with some good ones. I think, personally, you have the greatest sense of humor. I so much love it.
Well I would, but then I'd have to give up my last name and I don't want it to come up in internet searches, so I don't want to post it.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I won't really go into much detail but my maiden name was Kelly Walls.
You can come up with tons of terrible nicknames with a name like that. Believe me, I heard them all!!!

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ryan I think we got confused here. This was your quote.

Hey Cheryl, I had no idea your last name was part of your username!
To bad you've heard them all. Maybe I could think up some new ones though.
And I answered you with this:

Originally Posted by ccoccocats

Ryan I would L O V E it if YOU were to come up with some good ones. I think, personally, you have the greatest sense of humor. I so much love it.
Then you answered this:

Well I would, but then I'd have to give up my last name and I don't want it to come up in internet searches, so I don't want to post it.
Now I'm posting this:

Why do you have to give up your last name (even though I know it
) to come up with some new jokes about MY last name?

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My last name is Fitch....

You can imagine all the stuff that was sung about me
lol

My mums maiden name has to be the worse though,

Fuggle

cyber cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My last name is Dyche. I've been called so many names, when people try to pronounce it. There has only been maybe about 5 people in my life that has pronounced it the right way and was I surprised!
The worst was when I was in school and the teachers and principle would announce my name.

The 'I' is pronounced like the 'I' in Ice and the 'E' is silent.

It's pronounced D-ī-ch

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard some good ones growing up pertaining to a couple of other children. When I was in high school there were 3 girls (2 older twins, one a few years younger) that went to my school who's last name was Raabe, pronounced like rabie. Couple that with the fact that these girls were all a little wild...some people found the name just too fitting for their behavior.

My mom was a teacher for quite a few years and once had a little girl in her class with the last name Raper.
She always felt very sorry for her.

Mom also had a teacher friend who had twin boys in her class whose first names were Orangejello and Lemonjello. I kid you not. SOOOOOOO mean on the part of the parents.

When I was about 9, I was in Children's Musical Theatre in town and there was a boy there whose name was Ashley Hull...except he always wanted to go by Ash. Imagine the hysterics as everyone called out "AshHull, AshHull!"

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well mine was Booher, So I got called BOO-HER, BOOKER, BOGGER
and then it didn't help 1st name was Lois, So I got called Low ass- No ass
because mostly I didn't have one at all
and as an adult I am 4'11' so I was pretty darn low to the ground back then

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Mom also had a teacher friend who had twin boys in her class whose first names were Orangejello and Lemonjello. I kid you not. SOOOOOOO mean on the part of the parents....
I've heard this one before. Presumably they're supposd to be pronounced Oh-RON-gelo and Li-MON-gelo.

Not much you can do with "Riley"
! However my "real" first name is Cecilia. The only problem I ever had was this girl in my freshman HS class who would start singing the Simon & Garfunkel song every time she saw me. I swear I wanted to strangle her
!

Fortunately I've got a pretty good eye/ear as to how names are pronounced and have on more than one occasion surprised someone when I pronounced their name correctly. I will admit that "Dyche" threw me though! I probably would've ventured either "Ditch" or "Dikey" as the pronounciation.

Cindy