What Is Wrong With People-Huge Rant

chickory chick

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On our local pet rescue pages there is a page where owners can post their pets for adoption and I get SOOOOOO angry when I see someone say "Oh were like moving so we need to find a home for our beloved dog that we love so much boo hooo bla bla bla" TAKE THE DOG WITH YOU! LOL Sorry that's how I feel, pets are family members.
We have 5 cats and 2 dogs and we go on vacation every year and hire a pet sitter, they are very reasonably priced these days, no excuse.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why kill the cat? They can just turn the cat into the shelter.

I don't understand.

Well, five cats are not that much. I have five.

It is nice for you to do that. I got Chester because her owner was going to euthanize him because he was already a senior cat when she moved.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by shengmei

Why kill the cat? They can just turn the cat into the shelter.

I don't understand.

Well, five cats are not that much. I have five.

It is nice for you to do that. I got Chester because her owner was going to euthanize him because he was already a senior cat when she moved.
I think she should have just boarded the cat and at the very least taken her to the shelter (no kill of course) so she could have the chance to find a family to love her.

I was at the pound/spca to pick up my Gracie because my neighbors let her out of the yard on purpose (I got a 300 dollar ticket BTW) and there was this lady turning over her 2 cats (one was 4 and the other was 6) because she was moving. Her mom was with her to make sure she did it and she was bawling her eyes out. It was so sad I got tears in my eyes.

I wish people would treat their pets the way they would want to be treated.

I mean how would this woman feel if lets say if when she's a senior and her kids are taking care of her and they want to go on vacation and decide she's too much of a hastle and should be PTS.

3calicos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Argh... put the cat to sleep just to go on vacation? That's stupid, rude and irresponsible (and those are my nice words) I have 3 cats and 3 dogs. DH and I go on vacation around twice a year. His parents watch after our cats and dogs... when they go on vacation (which is like 5 times a year LOL) we watch their cats and dogs... and the IL's have about 7 cats and 3 dogs. You either find someone to trade that sort of thing with OR you pay someone to do it. There are tons of neighborhood kids who would LOVE to take care of their neighbor's animals (trust me, I was one of these... the neighbor's down the street were truck drivers and I took care of their animals 4 out of 7 days a week and got $50 a week and I would have done it for free! LOL I played with their cat and let their bird fly around until it was happy and then did my homework while kitty slept in my lap. It was a grand old time)

People are so rude. The only reason to have an animal PTS is if they are in pain and you can't get it fixed. That is the ONLY reason.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You either find someone to trade that sort of thing with OR you pay someone to do it. There are tons of neighborhood kids who would LOVE to take care of their neighbor's animals
I take my Pomeranian for a few weeks when my parents go on vacation... they would NEVER leave him with anyone but me. He is highly diabetic, requires shots twice a day, and numerous other medicines... and while I'm at work my SIL baby sits him! When I go on vacation my SIL comes over twice a day to feed the turtle, now that we have LuckyGirl, when we go on vacation, she'll be sleeping over at Aunt CeCe's for the week. Also, there's 16 year olds in my neighborhood that pet sit. They come over before school & feed the pet, then come over after school and do their homework @ your house to give the kitty some lap time, and then feed kitty dinner before they go home. I think they charge like $50-$75 for the week, depending on how many animals, special req's, etc. I think it's reasonable...

scratchies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
unfortunatly it happens all the time, even here in oz
, i get so steamed.
when i picked up my two boys on saturday just gone i was at the counter fixing up the paper work and this young fellow comes in with a brand new carry cage with a lovely silver long haired tabby kitten about two months old in it and says to the lady this kitten followed me home, yeah right
so you went and bought a brand new cage just to bring him to the shelter i dont think so mate
, i think i embassed him just a wee bit. The really sad thing is these animals give their love to us unconditionly and these these dont know what to call'em treat them like dirt. I now have 6 cats and no holiday is important enough to get rid of my boy's it's just unthinkable

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand people like that.. doesn't she have a friend/relative that is close and can come check on it everyday? That's what we do when we take a vacation. People are so stupid, I swear.

emma79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cannot stand people so heartless. Why do they even bother getting pets? I don't understand how you can let a pet into your home and heart, to only dump it off or kill it. Do the world a favor and leave the poor defensless animals alone!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is how I got Ox back to me (this was 1991).
He was orginally a kitten from a long ago litter. My supervisor got him has a present for his daughter's 16th birthday. Two years later she moves out and leaves the cat. They never neutered him and let him outside where he got in several terrible fights. My supervisor sold his house didn't want him as the cat really was "his daughter's". He was going to take to shelter where they would have probably PTS. I said get him neutered and I'll take him!! This again was back in 1991!! Ox (I can't remember his orginal name any more) has been here ever since!!