What Is Wrong With People-Huge Rant

hookbill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Seriously. How in the heck can someone be so cruel as to decide taking a vacation is so important to them that they have to kill their cat.

And why in the hell do they have to get me involved? What am I, the cat shelter?

Some idiot that works with my wife told her of her intentions. So my wife is bringing the cat home.

I got 5 cats already. 11 parrots. The other day when I called and ordered a pizza the girl on the phone wanted to know if I was calling from Pet Smart.

Somehow my wife "knows" the cat is up to date on shots but doesn't know if the cat if fixed????

GOD!!!!

Sorry to rant, but people like this lady ought to be removed from the planet. Seriously. What a heartless, cold b**ch. And how dare she burden me with this.

If I ever get the chance to meet this person at some off company social function, she's gonna catch it from me. Big time.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that this woman is crazy. I am glad that you are able to take this cat in. Maybe you could find it a forever home by placing an ad on craigslist or petfinder.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with you wholeheartedly! People like that don't consider their pets to be family members and don't deserve to have the love of a pet- this is almost exactly how I got my dog- the former owners were tired of taking care of him and were going to put him down! Luckily someone intervened and rescued him and now he's my little man, best dog on the planet

kimberly27311

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
wow. I can't imgine killing any of my cats they're seroiusly like kids to me. But some people just have no feelins or emotions so what can you do.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lives should never be placed below pleasure.
Give me 5 minutes in a locked room with this woman

I would dearly love to take a vacation, but I knew when I adopted my birds and cats that this will never happen in the foreseeable future.
Sure, I can go off for a week or two and leave my fiance' here in charge, but it really would be nice to get away together once in a while.
The pets come first though.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is just horrible!
Thank you for taking this poor cat in. I really hope she NEVER gets another animal, but she probably will until it ceases to be convenient. I'll get banned from this forum if I use the words I have for her.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel so sorry for this poor cat that he/she is coming from a home without love and from an owner with no soul. At least he/she has a caring refuge with you!

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As someone who 1) didn't go on vacation last year because one of my cats needed dental surgery and 2) is worried about who will take care of my cats if I go away for a few days this year words can't describe how angry this makes me.

My vets office also has a boarding clinic - that's got to be cheaper than the cost of putting a cat down. No one looked into this? Sad to say that she'll probably have another fluffy little kitten a few weeks after she gets back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hookbill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bob'sMom

Sad to say that she'll probably have another fluffy little kitten a few weeks after she gets back.
She better not, or at least not let me find out about it.

What a jerk she is. Hope her vacation sucks.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can we all send her bad vacation vibes?
{{{{{terrible horible worst vacation ever vibes to the evil lady}}}}}

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hookbill

She better not, or at least not let me find out about it.

What a jerk she is. Hope her vacation sucks.
I know your serious but still...

If you do run into her at a function just say "Oh my wife and I decided to take a vacation so instead of having them stay with someone else, we killed them". See how she reacts.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, I work with someone who had her cat put down because she was getting new rugs!! Talk about heartless.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your wife posted about this, and let me tell you, this person who thinks pets are disposable should be disposed of herself!
You are doing a wonderful thing by giving this baby a home.........like I've told Jerry, my hubby, hey, we have 1, why not 2. Hey, we have 2, why not 3. Hey, we have 3, why not 4, etc..........in a short time you'll wonder how you ever thought your fur/feather family was complete without this little guy, I promise!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I saw Tracey's thread, and would like to choke her co-worker. How heartless can you get? Don't bother getting the cat neutered, and then complain about spraying. Don't inquire about pet sitters or boarding facilities, so make arrangements to get the cat PTS.

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Too bad your wife isn't her supervisor. She could fire her and tell her the reason is because your wife has to take a few days off and since there'd be nobody there to be her supervisor.... Wishful thinking.

However, one thing I would do myself is to contact as many pet stores, shelters, breeders, and pet rescue agencies as I could in your area, let them know what happened and give them her name in case she shows up at any of them looking for another pet. Hopefully she won't get one.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Hey, I work with someone who had her cat put down because she was getting new rugs!! Talk about heartless.

How could people do these things to their cats?!?!?!?!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hookbill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Apparently my wife is going to bring this cat home for just 10 days.....and then she's giving the cat back to this woman.
In other words she is going to baby sit this cat.

Something feels very wrong to me about this. I know my wife well enough to understand how strongly she feels about saving the cats life, but what can she be thinking in making this arrangement? What happens the next time this woman goes on vacation?

Excuse me.....I'm a little p.o.'d now.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by hookbill

Apparently my wife is going to bring this cat home for just 10 days.....and then she's giving the cat back to this woman.
In other words she is going to baby sit this cat.

Something feels very wrong to me about this. I know my wife well enough to understand how strongly she feels about saving the cats life, but what can she be thinking in making this arrangement? What happens the next time this woman goes on vacation?

Excuse me.....I'm a little p.o.'d now.
That may be what she's planning right now, not having had any time to think the entire situation through, but once the cat is in your home, she may rethink things. If you're unable to keep the cat, perhaps he can be rehomed. I rather think that fate has "landed" you with this little guy, though.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think you could keep this cat for a couple days after they get back-so see if they would call your home and ask-hey do you have my cat yet??? I would think this could be a test to see if they really want it back or not??
I hope their vacation sucks too!!

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kimberly27311

wow. I can't imgine killing any of my cats they're seroiusly like kids to me. But some people just have no feelins or emotions so what can you do.
exactly....some people are just discusting and i will never understand them, sometimes i think it should be harder to get a pet, if you want to adopt a child they put you through hell but getting a cat, dog, (insert any other animal here), it's as easy as going to the store for a loaf of bread.

i also think that people with history's of animal neglect of any sort should not be entitled to have a pet at all