What is the naughtiest thing your cat has ever done?

laku

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Pythagoras managed to open and eat an entire container of treats in the night. He almost did it a second time, with a tupperware container, last night, but I was awake and heard the crunch crunch and intervened. Now the treats are in snapware. 

Gabriel is a perfect angel and has never done anything even vaguely naughty.
Pythagoras!! Are you guys Greek? Or you just liked the name?

acolyteofbastet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been knitting a blanket for my mother as a gift, and it has taken me three years to complete.  I'm at the finishing stage now; it is knitted in five panels, which I now have to sew together to form the blanket.

Before beginning to sew them together, I took the time to block each piece (for those unfamiliar with knitting, blocking is a process you use to get the knitted piece to the size you want, and to make it lay flatter).  I had one piece all pinned out on the dining table for blocking, and was removing the pins from it.  As I was doing so, Griffin crept up behind me, and suddenly pounced on the blanket.  His claw got caught in one of the loops, and he got stuck.  He started crying loudly and tried to free himself, and I tried to help him get his claw out.  But Griffin was in pain from his stuck claw (poor guy was hanging from the blanket with his back paws on the ground), and frightened I imagine, so he kept trying to bite me every time I tried to get hold of him.

I finally got him untangled, and Griffin's blanket hunt and left a rip near the bottom corner.  Oh my lord, I was in tears.  Luckily I was able to fix it!

laku

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hehe :) I am Greek and I love ancient Greek names! I wanted to call him Archimedes, but my ex was a Virgo and she had to be her way... PFFFF 

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Hehe :) I am Greek and I love ancient Greek names! I wanted to call him Archimedes, but my ex was a Virgo and she had to be her way... PFFFF 
Archimedes was one of the other names we mentioned for him. Also Eratosthenes, but I mostly rejected that because I didn't want to try to get the vet to pronounce it. Also when I took Pythagoras in the vet said she'd never seen a cat with that name but had just the previous week had another kitten named Pythagoras, but they called him Pete for short. (I'm not sure of the correct Greek pronunciation, but if you say it in the Dutch way the first syllable sounds like Pete, although in English the first syllable sounds like the first syllable of python like the snake.)

laku

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hmmm... It would sound like pyth -a- go-rush :) 

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I made a nice Christmas Day brunch here in Kuwait and had a couple of friends over. While I was finishing up the last of the food, I set out some cheese, meat, crackers and fruit as an appetizer. The tray was on the table for less than a minute when my super-shy boy Aladdin made off with a slice of salami. I caught him with it in his mouth, then he spotted my visitor and ran off. Hehehe...