What is the naughtiest thing your cat has ever done?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

freyaandzelda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Freya has begun to hoard q-tips. It drives me crazy! The new naughtiest thing they've done though is stole my keys. I couldn't find my keys for nearly three weeks. Had given up all hope of finding them. Only for Zelda to trot into the living room last night with my keys in her mouth and proceed to bat them around on the floor. I also woke up from a nap to find her in the process of stealing my glasses, the little stinker.
I also have this shadow box hanging up behind my couch, with pewter figurines. Freya takes great pleasure in standing up on her hind legs on the back of the couch and reaching in with her paws to swipe out whatever she can get to.
And I think I mentioned the time I was making cupcakes, when I turned around for a second to grab some supplies, which was enough time for Zelda to hop up on the table and begin munching on the tops of the cupcakes.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mia is getting into everything, too busy and of course she imitating Macha lol She teased Macha a lot too and she want to show Macha that she's the Boss but Macha just looked at her and saying "yah right" lol

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
This was when I was a little kid, but our cat Diablo, the little sneak, learned how to open the fridge and drag crap out and eat it. So, my parents went and bought a lock. This was around Thanksgiving of whatever year it was. And they figured all was good. Well, the next day, lock was opened, fridge was opened, and a whole turkey was on the floor, being noshed on by kitties and doggies. We actually think the kitties and doggies were in cahoots with each other.

Diablo passed away before I was a teenager I think (he was older than me). After that, we figured it was safe to take the lock off. Oh no - it was not. Diablo taught Shmoo how to open the fridge. Ugh! Thankfully that was the last one that did that.

Then there is Oliver. He absolutely loves pulling tissues out of tissue boxes. He actually got his head stuck in a tissue box trying to grab a tissue (omg, it was hysterical watching). Fun stuff indeed.

tammyp

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lol, well, I can't really call most behaviours 'naughty', as the motivation for the cat wasn't 'naughtiness'.  But I can say I have had some very annoying things happen (for perfectly natural reasons, on the cat's side of things!)

1.  Kitten chewed my spectacle arms so that I couldn't wear my glasses and had to get them replaced.  Totally the human's fault for not kitten proofing - glasses not on face now kept in closed drawer!

2. Kitten pulled out the fabric from the weave of a new expensive coat.  Again, stupid human who didn't close the cupboard door fully.

3. Various bad scratches from jumping cats who misbalanced on silly sensitive human skin (like yesterday when I was only in my silk slip!)  Human obviously needs eyes in back of head.

4. Kitten curious about toilet.  Human keeps toilet lid closed.  Super fast kitten outfoxes human as they rise from the toilet.  Super fast kitten slips.  And lands into the used toilet pre-flush!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

freyaandzelda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Zelda has been especially rotten this week. She knows she's not allowed on the table while I'm cooking. Well,this morning I was frosting cupcakes. She decided the way to get around this rule was by climbing and clawing get way up my body to perch on my shoulder. And every time I tried to get her off, she dug her claws in a little deeper. She's also taken to launching either from the table or the bed if I'm standing in front of it to land on my back or shoulders. :mad:

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Zelda has been especially rotten this week. She knows she's not allowed on the table while I'm cooking. Well,this morning I was frosting cupcakes. She decided the way to get around this rule was by climbing and clawing get way up my body to perch on my shoulder. And every time I tried to get her off, she dug her claws in a little deeper. She's also taken to launching either from the table or the bed if I'm standing in front of it to land on my back or shoulders. >
Oh man....been there, done that, with the scars to prove it.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zelda has been especially rotten this week. She knows she's not allowed on the table while I'm cooking. Well,this morning I was frosting cupcakes. She decided the way to get around this rule was by climbing and clawing get way up my body to perch on my shoulder. And every time I tried to get her off, she dug her claws in a little deeper. She's also taken to launching either from the table or the bed if I'm standing in front of it to land on my back or shoulders. >
I had one that would do that. She was a big rolley polley and if I wasn't ready she would just about knock me down.

hericanecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A couple of months ago I sat down to watch some t.v. and was treating myself to a rye and coke.  The next thing I know I am hearing this slurping sound.  It is my six month old kitten enjoying my libation!  I immediately took the drink away from the little 'alchie'.    The ironic thing is her name is Angel.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

A couple of months ago I sat down to watch some t.v. and was treating myself to a rye and coke.  The next thing I know I am hearing this slurping sound.  It is my six month old kitten enjoying my libation!  I immediately took the drink away from the little 'alchie'.    The ironic thing is her name is Angel.
Too funny. Mine don't drink my mixed drinks but they will sip some of my iced tea occasionally.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I left my girls at around 7:00am, came back at 12.00pm the first time  since Mia arrived, so surprised they were still playing and all their toys everywhere lol

Their blankets all over the place, wow these girls had a great time while I was out
 now I am sure I can leave them alone more often!

kittykat12381

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat, snowball, is about the fattest cat you ever see and he loves any kind of food there is. Last thanksgiving, we went to pick up some friends that were coming for the holiday, and when we came back snowball was on the counter, eating the cut up turkey! Luckily there was still some we just put in the fridge, but we keep him in the basement on thanksgiving now. ;) yes its a funny name for a cat, but I was three and he is a dark brown tabby with white paws. His brother, stripy, I named too and hes a gray tabby, but he never caused any trouble cause hes very shy and skittish

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Henry definitely feels at home now. I got up from the table to get something on Thanksgiving and as soon as I did, Henry jumped up in the chair, put his front paws on the table and proceeded to eat the turkey from my plate. DD and her BF at first were shocked then laughed. 

kittykat12381

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Henry definitely feels at home now. I got up from the table to get something on Thanksgiving and as soon as I did, Henry jumped up in the chair, put his front paws on the table and proceeded to eat the turkey from my plate. DD and her BF at first were shocked then laughed. 
Cats just love turkey

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't necessarily a 'naughty' thing, but it made me laugh! 

I was in the bathroom the other day 'doing my thing' and, as usual, the Boys had to come in and make sure I was OK. Sometimes they will take it as their cue to use the litter box and we share our 'intimate moment'. On this particular morning, Keeker decided to join me and he climbed in the box. All of a sudden, Kricket comes flying around the corner and lunges for the litter box, only to find it occupied! He tried pushing his way in, but Keeker smacked him on the head and said, "Hey! Can't you see I'm in here?!". (They share a covered box).

With a frantic expression and eyes dilated, he looks up at me for help, looks back at his brother and, again, looks at me... Then, making an immediate executive decision, he jumped into the bathtub and scratched a few times, then hurriedly squatted and peed! Then he stood, turned around and made a vigorous attempt to cover it! All the while, he kept glancing over his shoulder at me begging for forgiveness! 

I soothingly told him it was "OK" and he finally crawled out of the tub - the poor baby looked so ashamed and forlorn, it was pathetic! (Mind you, all this while, Keeker was STILL in the litter box! I think he had a magazine in there! LOL). At any rate, I was able to assure Kricket he was a very good boy and cheered him up with some cuddles and a treat. I was SO proud of him for using his wit and not peeing on the floor! 

If I can figure out an appropriate place for a second box, I might have to go out an invest in one? They have always shared one box and, in the past, refused to use a second one. (I bought one when they were kittens, but ended up donating it to the local shelter after 3 months of it sitting unused). I think this was just a one-time emergency.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Midi was staying at a house sitters place and the new staff was just not cutting it i.e. no completely empty litter box. So he pooped on their bed, found a nice pink ribbon and place it right on top of his "message". "here, let me gift wrap it for you"  lol

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was in the bathroom the other day 'doing my thing' and, as usual, the Boys had to come in and make sure I was OK. Sometimes they will take it as their cue to use the litter box and we share our 'intimate moment'. On this particular morning, Keeker decided to join me and he climbed in the box. All of a sudden, Kricket comes flying around the corner and lunges for the litter box, only to find it occupied! He tried pushing his way in, but Keeker smacked him on the head and said, "Hey! Can't you see I'm in here?!". (They share a covered box).

With a frantic expression and eyes dilated, he looks up at me for help, looks back at his brother and, again, looks at me... Then, making an immediate executive decision, he jumped into the bathtub and scratched a few times, then hurriedly squatted and peed! Then he stood, turned around and made a vigorous attempt to cover it! All the while, he kept glancing over his shoulder at me begging for forgiveness! 

I soothingly told him it was "OK" and he finally crawled out of the tub - the poor baby looked so ashamed and forlorn, it was pathetic! (Mind you, all this while, Keeker was STILL in the litter box! I think he had a magazine in there! LOL). At any rate, I was able to assure Kricket he was a very good boy and cheered him up with some cuddles and a treat. I was SO proud of him for using his wit and not peeing on the floor! 

If I can figure out an appropriate place for a second box, I might have to go out an invest in one? They have always shared one box and, in the past, refused to use a second one. (I bought one when they were kittens, but ended up donating it to the local shelter after 3 months of it sitting unused). I think this was just a one-time emergency.
lol too funny

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Oy. Reminds me of a situation with my newest stray / rescue. I'm still trying to get my other rescues, Cookie and Aladdin, to accept the new kitty, Luna. So last weekend I decided to do a room swap. I shut Cookie and Aladdin up in her room and let her roam free.

First thing I did was take her to where the litter boxes are (I have 3, one in Luna's room and two the others share in a spare room). I set her in the litter tray and she hopped right back out. Then she followed me around the apartment. I went to my bedroom to stretch out while she explored in peace. She stayed pretty close to me. But at some point the urgent need to go to the litter box struck, and she either didn't remember or didn't have time to get to where the other litter boxes were. I heard frantic scratching on my bathtub and a few minutes later a foul stench hit my nose. She'd gone and dropped a LOAD in there.

In a way it was a blessing in disguise because it was apparent from her stool that two things are very wrong.....one it's borderline diarrhea and two there's blood in it. So I cleaned it up and sprayed some deodorizer and showed her the litter boxes again. About an hour later the other two were climbing the walls, so I let them out and put her back in her safe space with her litter box.

Fast forward almost a week. Another room swap. Only this time Luna marched directly into my bathroom, went right back to the same spot in the same tub, and dropped a fresh, steaming load.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oy. Reminds me of a situation with my newest stray / rescue. I'm still trying to get my other rescues, Cookie and Aladdin, to accept the new kitty, Luna. So last weekend I decided to do a room swap. I shut Cookie and Aladdin up in her room and let her roam free.

First thing I did was take her to where the litter boxes are (I have 3, one in Luna's room and two the others share in a spare room). I set her in the litter tray and she hopped right back out. Then she followed me around the apartment. I went to my bedroom to stretch out while she explored in peace. She stayed pretty close to me. But at some point the urgent need to go to the litter box struck, and she either didn't remember or didn't have time to get to where the other litter boxes were. I heard frantic scratching on my bathtub and a few minutes later a foul stench hit my nose. She'd gone and dropped a LOAD in there.

In a way it was a blessing in disguise because it was apparent from her stool that two things are very wrong.....one it's borderline diarrhea and two there's blood in it. So I cleaned it up and sprayed some deodorizer and showed her the litter boxes again. About an hour later the other two were climbing the walls, so I let them out and put her back in her safe space with her litter box.

Fast forward almost a week. Another room swap. Only this time Luna marched directly into my bathroom, went right back to the same spot in the same tub, and dropped a fresh, steaming load.
I hope you took her to the vet to find out why she was having loose stool with a foul stench and blood in it!