What is the laziest thing you have ever done?

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you! I am in a similar situation at the moment - my brother flew in from Sydney a couple of nights ago, and he stayed with us for that night. Instead of doing a proper clean (he is also allergic to cats and dogs) I just threw everything that was lying around into shopping bags and hid them in the wardrobe. Then we vacuumed all the furniture and rugs! (We have wooden floorboards so that part was easy!)

It's not the laziest thing I've ever done though - I do that each night when we are sitting on the lounge watching telly and I say to Max, `How about some icecream?' or `Do you feel like a cuppa?' and he knows that's his cue to get up and go fetch!! I am so naughty...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Oh I'm the queen of "toss it out rather than deal with it".
Too dirty pans, clothes with stains I'd rather not put tle elbow grease into, etc...

PS: Karen you're going to LOVE the microsuede/fiber furniture. We've had ours for 6 months and its not showing any age yet and it really is very easy to clean.
I was telling Karen eariler that we have the micro suede since July and we just love ours too!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am more embarrassed to say I have done some of the things all of you have mentioned!

Still waiting for the furniture. It is supposed to be delivered before midnight
It's 8:30 now.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is bad so don't tell anyone
My sister-in-law and I were cleaning for a lady and I was half sick and when I got to the upstairs bathroom
it was a mess and I forgot to bring the scrubber with me
Oh I hate to say it ... Sooooooo I used her bath thingee the kind you put the soap on
But I rinced it in realllllly hot water, Got in the car to leave and I told my sis-in-law I need to go get something
so I went and got it and threw it away, that was about 8 years ago I wonder if she's still LQQKING for it
Shame on me

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

O.k. ladies, how about this one........
when you just don't feel like shaving your legs, you wear pants to cover them up.
i'm soo guilty of doing that once in a while
but i normally do shave every other day or so.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Humm, let's see, i'm guilty of calling in sick to work / school on occassion when i'm just completly drained and exhauseted just so i can sleep a bit.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I learned how to pick stuff up off the floor with my toes... so I don't have to bend down and pick it up
I'm guilty of that, too.
I hardly ever answer the phone and I sleep in reaallllyyyy late.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I took off a couple weekends ago to get stuff done.... and did NOTHING! A big fat nothing too, slept for about 16 hrs both days and when I wasn't sleeping I was laying on the couch

I have also thrown away pans that were too dirty, now I just buy the aluminum ones, they are meant to be thrown out
I always wear jeans so therefore I hardly ever shave

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People have time to be lazy??? What's that?

These are small things though:
- I hate unpacking from a trip, so I leave everything in there until I do laundry (which may sometimes be 2 weeks).

-Yes, I have worn pants because I was too lazy to shave

- This wasn't really lazy as it was more "Time Efficient" but I made the attempt to see if any of my school books were also "books on cd". Nope.

- I have faked being sick or ill to get out of cooking before.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

If there's some leftovers in the fridge that have been there for a bit too long, I'll throw out the tupperware and all just so I don't have to open it up
I usually buy the cheap tupperware, never the spendy stuff for this same reason
I do this too, some things you just don't wanna open let alone have to clean. That's why I buy plasticware at the $1 store

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I do this too, some things you just don't wanna open let alone have to clean. That's why I buy plasticware at the $1 store
Thats how I buy mine too, I just cannot stomach the thought of opening some things that have been in the fridge a bit TOO long

Into the garbage it goes!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Humm, let's see, i'm guilty of calling in sick to work / school on occassion when i'm just completly drained and exhauseted just so i can sleep a bit.
That's not lazy! That's a necessity! Good for your health!

I'm lazy and I do a lot of the things mentioned on here. Excpet buy new clothse instead of doing laundry...I'd love to do that sometimes...but I never have that I can remember.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I always wear jeans so therefore I hardly ever shave
Maybe that's another part of the tomboy thing!

Being the environmentally friendly recyling hippy that I am, I'm disgusted by all your waste!
Just think of the landfill!

I think the laziest thing I have done is to shove clutter in the wardrobes and dirty dishes in the oven when we've had a property inspection!

niktemadur

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A few mexican jokes, impossible to properly translate:

A guy was lying under a palm tree and suddenly screams to his wife:
"Honeeeey, do we have any scorpion anti-venom?"
"No! Why!"
"Seems like it's coming this way!"

Another. Two guys are lying under a palm tree.
"Buddy, do you see that piece of paper?"
"Sure do"
"Is it a 500 pesos (50 dollars) bill?"
"Seems like it"
"Man, I hope the wind's about to blow this way".

Final one: "This guy was so lazy, he was too lazy to fall asleep".

God bless, everybody. Dios los bendiga.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

He had lived in his apartment for over a year and hadn't finished unpacking.

He also didn't have a vacuum cleaner so his carpets had never been vacuumed! Good thing he didn't have any pets.

His bathroom was gross. I swear that he never swept his floor and that every single hair that he shaved off his face in that time was on the counter or floor.

His kitchen was kind of clean, only because he never used it! Really! He had never turned on his stove or oven in the entire time he lived there. He ate out or ordered in for every single meal. And his fridge had a pound of butter and some Sunny D in it... nothing else. And his stove was piled with boxes and odds and ends stuff that he never got around to putting away after unpacking it.

His living room had open suitcases that were still packed laying around on the floor from a trip he took to Africa 4 months before, and you couldn't see his coffee table for all of the extra computer parts he had laying around.

And the worse was his spare room which was his storage room. There were literally mountains and mountains of dirty laundry including packed boxes of dirty laundry that he carted from his last place. His closet was totally empty, his 6 drawer dresser was completely empty, and his linen cupboard was completely empty.

Yes, he did tend to work long hours (12 hour days), but even on his hours and/or days off he preferred to do other things like play a computer game, watch movies, or sleep rather than clean or do his laundry. When he ran out of clean clothing he went to Target and bought more. When he ran out of towels or sheets, he went to Target and bought more. He really, really, did!
wow did you know me back when i was in college and working

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh probably my all time laziest was when I was living with my parents. I had lost my tv remote so some how I came up with a wooden dowel rod that I could lay on my bed & poke the tv with to change the channels

My normal laziness would just be putting things like the dishes, laundry, & picking up/cleaning off for a few days. I love to just sit on the couch and vegitate at night