what is a food that you hate to eat ?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of ones:

Pomegranates because they are tedious to eat and I don't like the seeds inside the seeds so to speak.

Artichokes because they are so wasteful and you have to throw out 1/2 of it before you even cook it, and then when you are eating it, you are only scraping off a bit from the root end of the leaf.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Peas, squash, onion and mushroom. The last two make it difficult...since quite a lot of people cook with both of them.

auroraei

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can only recall me ever disliking one food and that would have to be raw fish. I had raw fish sushi once and couldn't get it down. Not so much the taste, but the very slimy cold texture of the fish. I love non-raw sushi though. 

Other than that, I love all foods and I'm the least picky person I know! Picky people annoy me. Just eat it!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will eat Shrimp but no other sea food

dejolane

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not too picky, and I love a lot of foods that apparently a lot of other people hate (like sushi and sauerkraut)! But I won't eat shrimp. ..they remind me of bugs. Especially when they have the legs still on. And the texture is squishy and bug-like, too. I also have very little tolerance for meat, so no weird meats, like organs or anything. And while I love most cheeses, swiss cheese is just plain icky.

Most of my preferences are about texture, not flavor. Like, I prefer nectarines over peaches, because peach fuzz feels weird on my teeth. Plums feel weird, too, even though I like the flavor. But most of those things I'll still eat, I just prefer not to.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Marshmallows...what in the world is that?? They taste like a chemical rolled in flour. I don't get it.
I would never eat that marshmallow stuff from the store......when I need marshmallows for anything, I make them. A fresh, homemade marshmallow is simply delicious; it's not just this airy mess. Honest. I made my first batch of marshmallows a couple of years ago and, believe it or not, they've turned into a Christmas thing in my family now. Must make marshmallows for family Christmas baskets. They are delicious.

Mustard - aw geez, I love mustard. Such a mustard-head. I think we have about 12 different kinds of mustard in the fridge right now. From the regular yellow ballpark stuff to a delicious cheddar ale mustard and a blue cheese mustard, I just love the stuff.

I will not eat veal or lamb. No squid, tripe, or kidney. Other than that, I think I'm good to go. And remember, I'm one who does eat filled beef heart and filled pig stomach. In fact, my sister and I were talking the other day about how we're going to make a filled pig stomach as I cannot touch the raw stomach. She thinks she can. So we've decided to buy two stomachs, I'll make the filling she'll stuff the stomachs, and everybody's coming to our house for dinner that night. Our mother always made filled pig stomach for us and so it's something we won't get that often since she's passed.

Rick would never eat blueberries, coconut, Brussels sprouts, or liver. A few years ago, he finally ate a piece of Blueberry Buckle and he liked it! (The first thing I did was call my GF in Connecticut and tell her....she almost fell off the couch when I told her....it's a big thing about Rick not eating blueberries and she always kidded him about it.). A few months ago, he said that if I could make a good Brussels sprout, he would eat one. Well, I figured out a good recipe for Brussels sprouts and he eats them now. He still refuses to touch coconut or liver. He'll eat the filling from a pig stomach, but won't eat the stomach. So he's come a long way in the almost 42 years we've been married.

Last edited:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
When I was a child and ate meat, I absolutely gagged on steak and kidney pie.. it was the kidney.. just awful.

Winchester... your cooking exploits never fail to amaze me! 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I was a child and ate meat, I absolutely gagged on steak and kidney pie.. it was the kidney.. just awful.

Winchester... your cooking exploits never fail to amaze me! 
Awww, thanks! I just like to cook!

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eggs- have always hated eggs no matter how they were cooked. I loved Mayo and things that were made with eggs that I couldn't see but in the past few years I have developed a bad egg allergy and can now eat nothing made with eggs. 

Fish and Clams- includes swordfish and Salmon and any type of fish  Yuck. But I like shrimp, go figure

Okra, beets, turnips, not a big fan of tomatoes but will eat tomato sauce, onions.

Love roasted asparagus and Brussels sprouts but that is the only way I will eat them, don't care for them steamed.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not too picky, and I love a lot of foods that apparently a lot of other people hate (like sushi and sauerkraut)! But I won't eat shrimp. ..they remind me of bugs. Especially when they have the legs still on. And the texture is squishy and bug-like, too. I also have very little tolerance for meat, so no weird meats, like organs or anything. And while I love most cheeses, swiss cheese is just plain icky.

Most of my preferences are about texture, not flavor. Like, I prefer nectarines over peaches, because peach fuzz feels weird on my teeth. Plums feel weird, too, even though I like the flavor. But most of those things I'll still eat, I just prefer not to.
Are u a vegetarian ?

dejolane

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My question is, why would you eat something you hated??  I have never eaten anything I hated except as a child and was forced to eat my veggies.  Other than that, I only eat what I like.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My question is, why would you eat something you hated??  I have never eaten anything I hated except as a child and was forced to eat my veggies.  Other than that, I only eat what I like.

I think I meant to say something that you hate to eat.

dejolane

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are u a vegetarian ?

dejolane
No. But my meat needs to be anonymous and non-offensive, LOL.
Haha, I thought that too! I never eat stuff I don't like, so I had to think hard about what foods I don't care for.

Oh, yeah, I forgot---I don't like water chestnuts. I hate it when I go to a Chinese food buffet and find a nice dish, and *crunch*, water chestnuts! Ugh. Also a texture thing, I think.

Last edited:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't especially eat anything that smells bad. ( Shrimp is good)

dejolane

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't especially eat anything that smells bad. ( Shrimp is good)

dejolane
I won't eat anything that I don't like the smell of, and that's most things. Most things that people just drool over, doesn't even look edible to me.