what is a food that you hate to eat ?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For me it's asparagus, apricots, and plums.  With the apricots and plums it's more about texture.  I grew up on a farm and my father raised asparagus which I later found out is a bit of a feat.  We would have asparagus every day for a while and I hated it.  I also later found out that good fresh asparagus is considered a delicacy and more expensive than most other vegetables.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perogies, sauerkraut and raisins mostly; the first two because of overload when I was a kid and raisins are just nasty. Other than that, I don't care for condiments save for ketchup and sweet relish. The only two vegetables I won't touch are eggplant and salsify and I don't like lamb, everything else is fair game. Cannot eat onions and garlic but that is allergy related rather than disliking them - no finer snack than nice crispy onion rings. . .

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meat with a lot of slimy fat totally grosses me out. makes me want to just claim to be a vegetarian.

Most vegetables and fruits I am fine with. Well, I'm not really crazy about brussels sprouts. I think due to nasty overcooked ones in the school cafeteria.

I don't mind sauerkraut, but I especially like the Norwegian kind (Surkål) , it is just cabbage, water, vinegar, sugar, caraway seeds and salt

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Water Chestnuts. Can't stand the bland/nothing taste and that crunch. I am gagging now just thinking about them. :sick: Another is rice pudding. Can't stand the texture.

Last edited:

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roasted cashews, ew. Raw cashews, omg, they smell/taste like PlayDoh. 

Also stinky cheeses, will not eat. I consider swiss a stinky cheese, lol.

More on the NO list: lamb, game meat, sausage, ham, chicken (in Mexican food), Indian Food, curries, tripe, brain, "mountain oysters," anything like that. I also can't eat non-foods like Cool Whip, margarines, or other processed stuff like packaged cookies, crackers, Hamburger Helper, etc.

Last edited:

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cooked mushrooms the texture and taste is repulsive, and most stilton cheese especially the blue wirey one 

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After reading other posts, remembered a few more: oysters, snails....er escargot, pickled mushrooms (any other preparation is great though), curried anything. Almost any cheese is fair game, the stinkier and stronger the better, processed cheese, except for Cheez Whiz is not truly edible..

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just thought of some more also: Spam -- ughh!

Clams --- I call them rubber bands.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raisins, tapioca, raw sushi, KFC's fried chicken (I dont know why, but it always seems to mess with my stomach), Mayo, fatty cuts of meat, mushrooms.... there's a bunch more, I could be here all day :lol3: I'm a picky eater.

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
no fast food period, no hamburger, hot dogs, lunchmeat, chicken. i love seafood but no shellfish. and seafood only if it's not from asia. 

catwithmycoffee

Six Cats Crazy Cat Parents
Young Cat
Purraise
Corned beef and cabbage.  The smell of it cooking turns my stomach and sends my appetite running for the door.  Cooking cauliflower, too.  Yuck.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs that are boiled or poached for the smell, scrambled or pan fried is fine.  Mushrooms for the looks more then anything.  Wiulling to try just about anything if it has been cooked by someone experienced.  Always feel I want to try it made the right way before I truly judge anything

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marshmallows...what in the world is that?? They taste like a chemical rolled in flour. I don't get it.
Oh yeah, I agree! One of the moms at our daughter's elementary school was telling me she was looking for recipes "trying to use up" a bag of marshmallows in her cabinet. What a weird thing to do, you use up fresh berries or the zucchini from a neighbor's garden, not junk food - I would throw the bag out in a heartbeat.

Last edited: