What irriates you?

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
People having very personal conversations on their cell phones while in a public place like a bus-I really don't want to know that much info about your life.

Kids having meltdowns in a public place and parents pretending not to notice a thing.

Drivers who don't move when the light turns green, are they waiting for a different shade of green?

Tourist who come to a dead halt in the middle of a Times Square sidewalk blocking for everyone who isn't looking at the skyscrapers.

The list goes on and on!

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pippy-pops

Ahmen!!!!!!!

Tony on the other hand has this annoying habit of washing the dishes all higgle-de-piggle-de! He'll wash things in the most unusual order!!!!!! He also uses the excuse that he doesn't do the dishes EXACTLY the way I like to do them so I banned him from doing them when we lived at my mothers (she's a bit of a neat freak and HAS to do things perfectly so to keep the peace I stopped him from doing them... that made her madder that he didn't do them!) now that we are in our own place... he still uses the excuse.... Grrrr makes me mad!!!!

Dishes are supposed to be washed in order..... glasses, mugs, cutlery, plates, pots and pans, pets dishes and then ashtrays (if you use them... tony smokes but I don't so they have to be done last!!!!) It irratates me if they aren't done in that order in piping hot water!!!!!!!!! They must also always drip dry or be dried with a paper towl - a dish towel harbours too many bacteria for my liking!
No offense but I wouldn't do the dishes in your house either I'd be afraid!!!

janb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When i am woke up by the phone ringing, i just get to it and it rings off. Infact anything that wakes me up exept my alarm irritaes me.

I used to tell Michaela, who has a sleeping problem, not to wake me up at 6am when she got up. I used to tell her she could read or watch her tv in her room. So she used to come in my room, shake me vigoursly, and say "i'm not waking you up i'm just letting you know that i'm watching Scooby Doo".
That used to drive me up the wall

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by janb

So she used to come in my room, shake me vigoursly, and say "i'm not waking you up i'm just letting you know that i'm watching Scooby Doo".
Not at all irritating!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A child of my bf's coworker has no manners. His mother has actually said he only says please when HE feels like it. He'll ask for something, my bf will ask "what do you say" and the kid (12 yrs old) will say "NOW". Needless to say, my bf almost never actually gets the kid what he asks for, since he almost never says please.

I have to say standing close to me is my biggest pet peeve. I'm not a friendly person. I'm not a 'nice' person. I'm introverted and have anxiety issues, so going to get takeout food is already an ordeal, but when the guy in line behind me is less than 2 ft behind me (and that's being generous), I can't handle it. I have to move over and sometimes the person MOVES UP WITH ME. TAKE A HINT, PEOPLE! When I glance back, looked tense and disgusted and then move over, it's not an invitation for you to snuggle up to me. I swear, one day I'll be in jail cuz I'll finally snap, turn around, and belt the offender!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pippy-pops

Dishes are supposed to be washed in order..... glasses, mugs, cutlery, plates, pots and pans, pets dishes and then ashtrays (if you use them... tony smokes but I don't so they have to be done last!!!!) It irratates me if they aren't done in that order in piping hot water!!!!!!!!! They must also always drip dry or be dried with a paper towl - a dish towel harbours too many bacteria for my liking!
We'd never get along LOL. If someone wanted me to do a chore, then set out the guidelines THAT specifically, I'd tell them to do it themselves. BUT I totally agree about ashtrays being last!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like when I am at work and people are trying to tell me how to do my job. Sometimes I just feel like telling the customers to come behind the counter and do it themselves. It drives me crazy when people come in and I'm making their sub and I ask them if they want something and they say no and then 5 seconds later say yes...like when I ask them if they want lettuce and tomato and then they say no...and say like cucumbers, pickles, tomato, lettuce. That drives me crazy. Things are in a specific order for a reason. If lettuce and tomato go on after other things its too hard to close their sub. A couple of weeks ago a lady told me she didn't want her sub toasted, I made the whole thing and then she was like wait...I wanted that toasted. She made me throw all the toppings out and toast it and then put them all back on.

Theres so many more things that irritate me, but unfortunately I have to get ready for work now.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I don't like when I am at work and people are trying to tell me how to do my job. Sometimes I just feel like telling the customers to come behind the counter and do it themselves. It drives me crazy when people come in and I'm making their sub and I ask them if they want something and they say no and then 5 seconds later say yes...like when I ask them if they want lettuce and tomato and then they say no...and say like cucumbers, pickles, tomato, lettuce. That drives me crazy. Things are in a specific order for a reason. If lettuce and tomato go on after other things its too hard to close their sub. A couple of weeks ago a lady told me she didn't want her sub toasted, I made the whole thing and then she was like wait...I wanted that toasted. She made me throw all the toppings out and toast it and then put them all back on.

Theres so many more things that irritate me, but unfortunately I have to get ready for work now.
Oh I couldn't agree more! I used to hate working in a resturant for those very reasons!!!! People can be soooooooo rude sometimes! I had a few occassions where I was very tempted to tell the customers just where they could go
....thankfully that was only a summer job when I was in high school. I definitely couldn't do it now. Good luck at work today- I hope they are nice to you. I'm always super nice to the ppl who work in resturants because I've been there before and understand how hard it can be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I HATE when Shawn leaves the darn seat up!!! I fell in the toilet,thankfully CLEAN, when I was pg with Seth.Let's just say,Shawn woke up REAL fast and hasn't done it since.
See, I'd rather them leave it up them use the bathroom and leave it down...

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they all know to put the seat up to go and then down after it.