What I Hate Most...

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good for you, Nenners. Bill and I, both do laundry. The only thing that I don't do, is his work clothes. He refuses to let me touch them. Does he think that I've never handled dirty, greasy jeans, before? Silly man - my dad was a heavy equipment mechanic, I have three youngers brothers and raised two sons. Believe me, I've handled a LOT of REALLY dirty clothes.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nenners! I would have been really mad too!!! And yes...the chicken bones were disgusting...I don't know if it was a child that did it, or an adult, but I of course had to rewash the whole load...after picking out all the gross bones. Thank goodness that was years ago, and I now have my own washer/dryer!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeff24girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The next "peeve" I have about this "shared" laundry room is NO ONE EVER cleans out the lint screen in the dryer.

What is wrong with people??? Would they leave the lint in the screen if it was their own personal dryer? I think not! RUDE!

Can you tell I am running out of patience being in this apartment??

Hurry up April!!!!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I hate is washing clothes in a laundry mat! (only the larger heavier things.)

You put your washing in the machine and instead of getting clean they come out with brand new spots and stains on them! YUCK!!!!!

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The same thing happened to me Lorie! Except it was my nurse's uniforms! Thank goodness I have my own washer and dryer now, I don't know how we dealt before. New stains. people stealing laundry. People stealing your time on the dryer. LINT TRAP. I am definetly thankful I have my own. My girlfriend has a mini-washer for her apartment that she only does the 'important' stuff in because people have stolen her nice clothes before. Even her underwear! How rude. Although, my washer was making funny noises today and when I went in the laundry room, there was this horrible burning rubber smell in there. 'PEW!' Turns out hubby put too much in the washer haha. He won't do that again.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my brother and his wife lived at a big hotel for awhile, she got all of her clothing by a bunch of transvestites! They would go around to hotels and apartment buildings and wait for women to leave their clothing unattended, the run in and grab them. They got caught, but no one wanted their stuff back.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This whole thread reminds me why having a washer/dryer in the apartment unit was one of our top priorities when looking for a new place. Most of the time I would arrange to visit my parents when I needed my laundry done. Good thing I had a lot of clothes at the time because I would do laundry about once a month.
My dad had clothes stolen out of a dryer when we were on vacation one year. We were at the National Championships for our rifle shooting, and we do laundry once in the two weeks we're there. To this day, I think it was this guy I was talking to who was rabidly anti-gun...he thought no citizen should ever be able to own a gun. I discussed the issues with him, in a calm manner, but this guy was wacked. I think he took Dad's clothes that I was washing to make some kind of statement about owning guns or something.
I could be wrong, but I was gone for a couple minutes (using the bathroom or something) and when I came back both he and the clothes were gone.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One thing, that I always hated, about the laundromat was people letting their kids run wild. They'd be running the wheeled baskets around, playing demolition derby. When I'd need a basket, I'd have to take one, from the little beasts. Meanwhile, Mama is sitting there, totally ignoring her litle hellions.

The first items, that we bought, for this house, were a heavy-duty washer and dryer. Now, the only time that I'll have to go to a laundromat is to wash Ike's bed, in the extractor. My washer won't handle that.

nenners

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I WON! Shawn kissed my feet and groveled on the floor last night begging me to do his laundry!
He promised that he would put the clothes away when they came out and he would bring the laundry down when I asked for it. I told him he better or else he WILL wash and iron his own clothes!:tounge2: Finally, he listens! I hate it also when people don't clean the lint trap! I am glad I don't deal with little hellions either!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Way to go, Nenners! Lucky me, Bill was already housebroken, when I got him. He, even puts the toilet seat down.

nenners

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did his laundry last night. I heard no complaints or growling when I asked him to bring all the dirties down stairs. He does in fact put the seat down so I can thank my lucky stars for that!
When we first started living together I thanked his mother for teaching him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeff24girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL KATL8E! Yeah Mike is pretty good about that stuff too. Does laundry (his, mine, whatever needs to be done), cleans up after dinner (since I cook), shares cleaning, AND puts the seat down! :tounge2: