At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Back to cake. :lol3:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pizza. We eat sourdough pizza almost every Saturday night; you'd think we'd be tired of it. But Rick and I both just love pizza.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking of a salad tonight. 

I have to go to grocery store to get supplies....or I could just pick up a Greek Salad....sigh....

captain dave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm...what food am I craving...

Right now? Biscuits and gravy.

(Let me clarify for those folks across the pond...what you call "biscuits", we call "cookies". Biscuits are a breakfast-y pastry usually made from flour, buttermilk, baking soda, salt, and occasionally you'll find a recipe that calls for an egg. As for the gravy? It's a "milk gravy" - that is, flour that has been browned in oil or drippings and milk added, then stirred up and thickened, seasoned with salt and pepper. Often, sage breakfast sausage is crumbled into it, and the drippings are from having fried the sausage to begin with. No, it's NOT healthy...but it's YUMMY!!!)

In general? That's a toughie, because I'm craving several things, and have been for awhile now...

Comfort Food #1: Fried okra, breaded and fried pork chop, mashed red potatoes (with their skins, of course) covered in a nice, lumpy country gravy, and some steamed greens with pepper vinegar (vinegar in a jar of tabasco peppers - they sell it in the south, but it's hard as heck to find it anywhere else).

Comfort Food #2: Hungarian cabbage (my own recipe) - essentially it's cooked cabbage that's been lightly sweetened and mixed with bacon, then baked over noodles and topped with sour cream.

Comfort Food #3: Sauerbraten (again, my own recipe - it takes almost a week to make, but it's so freaking wonderful...), hot German potato salad, creamed spinach, and some apple streudel for dessert.

And one thing that I have never tried (but strangely enough, want to)...

Haggis.

I can do everything here on my boat...except the haggis. I'm going to have to find a restaurant somewhere in the Bay Area that will serve it and give it a try.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Seafood; good seafood too.  No Red Lobster or Long John Silvers.  I'm thinking fried shrimp, salmon, scallops!!  Maybe some clams if they are prepared right.  And king crab legs.  

I'm a tad hangry.  

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Seafood; good seafood too.  No Red Lobster or Long John Silvers.  I'm thinking fried shrimp, salmon, scallops!!  Maybe some clams if they are prepared right.  And king crab legs.  

I'm a tad hangry.  :anon:

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles

I fried trout, shrimp, and served with hush puppies, coleslaw and steak fries today. Sweet tea was our drink.

Right now, I am still so full, I am craving nothing, but some lemon pie would be good.:lol3:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Mac and cheese! :drool:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

I'm a tad hangry.  
you need to come to new England-we have the BEST seafood. some of those small places that do their own seafood in Hampton/Seabrook NH or Essex Mass has the BEST fried CLAMS! small bellies not those big ones that are gross :)

I think I am going to make some baked haddock this weekend after we eat the rest of leftovers...yummm haddock in butter with ritz crackers smashed up in a paperbag-better than any breadcrumbs anyday!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
MoochNNoodles is on the East Coast, so she's got some access to fresh fish but yep, clam shack on every cornier around here.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A really good salad.

captain dave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gumbo.

REAL gumbo - no sassafras in my gumbo, give me okra! That's why it's CALLED gumbo to begin with!

In fact, I should gather up the ingredients and just make it myself.

It all starts with the roux...

captain dave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gah...now I'm craving a good veggie burger instead.

Grilled portabella mushroom cap lightly brushed with an infused olive oil (I'm thinking garlic in this case) and just a splash of vinegar and liquid hickory smoke.

Julienne purple onion.

Sprouts, not lettuce.

A good kosher dill.

A nice slice of a fresh tomato (ripened on the vine, of course).

A lightly-toasted whole-grain bun.

Just a touch of Dijon mustard, a little catsup, and maybe just a brush of mayo...

Yeah...and tomorrow's weather is looking promising, and my grill hasn't been used for awhile...time to visit Trader Joe's!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A bowl of Cap'n Crunch. I have no idea why. 
 We don't have anything like that in the house and I won't buy it at the store. I haven't eaten Cap'n Crunch in forever!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

good steak and salad would be nice... 
Sounds good...

I could go for steak tips, medium rare, salad with Italian dressing, and steak fries....yum!  

My favorite meal at one steak house!~~ closed on Mondays, plus it is snoring outside and I still do not feel well....

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
   I LOVE steak tips on RICE!!! that sounds good! too bad its snowing out so too cold to run the grill..yesterday I wanted a thin crust pizza with all the toppings..anything goes!

Artiemom=get better! The crud is making its second rounds I swear!! Sick of this weather!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.