What food are you craving? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm telling you, my co-workers just rock. Last week, I was hungry for a doughnut and my boss brought in some DDs for us. This morning, I was thinking about that white coconut cake that's coming on Sunday for our Easter dessert. And didn't our administrative assistant bring in a gorgeous three-layer white coconut cake with toasted coconut and a buttercream/cream cheese frosting. Now, I'm not one for cream cheese, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth either. And this is scrumptious!  I gave her a hug.

I love my co-workers! 
 Yum. Just yum.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm telling you, my co-workers just rock. Last week, I was hungry for a doughnut and my boss brought in some DDs for us. This morning, I was thinking about that white coconut cake that's coming on Sunday for our Easter dessert. And didn't our administrative assistant bring in a gorgeous three-layer white coconut cake with toasted coconut and a buttercream/cream cheese frosting. Now, I'm not one for cream cheese, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth either. And this is scrumptious!  I gave her a hug.

I love my co-workers! 
 Yum. Just yum.
Sounds like they are also mind readers! 

I like cream cheese on everything bagels with thinly sliced red onion and tomato. 

I hate cheesecake but (homemade) cream cheese frosting? I could eat it with a spoon (and have 
). DD likes red velvet cake so I made her some cupcakes for her birthday a few years ago with homemade CC frosting. She said that the cupcakes were really good but next time, she just wanted a bowl of the frosting with a spoon. She's definitely my child. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Sounds like they are also mind readers! 

I like cream cheese on everything bagels with thinly sliced red onion and tomato. 

I hate cheesecake but (homemade) cream cheese frosting? I could eat it with a spoon (and have 
). DD likes red velvet cake so I made her some cupcakes for her birthday a few years ago with homemade CC frosting. She said that the cupcakes were really good but next time, she just wanted a bowl of the frosting with a spoon. She's definitely my child. 

That would be Rick....the spoon with the frosting. When I make him a carrot cake (he loves carrot cake), I always double the cream cheese frosting and slather it into and onto the cake. He loves the frosting and til I'm done frosting the cake, he's in the kitchen with a spoon, waiting for the leftover frosting.

I'm just not a cream cheese fan. Or a sour cream fan, for that matter. I can eat them if they're baked in something (cookies or cake) or made into a sauce. But that's it. And I really don't like cheesecake either; it's a texture thing. I think cheesecake is diseased and should be declared illegal. 

Now there is a cream cheese frosting that I do like. I make these absolutely divine pumpkin bars every fall; the cream cheese frosting has a tang of orange in it. Wonderful stuff.....must be the orange.

What do I have a craving for right now? I'm still going to say "anything chocolate". Peanut M & Ms would be wonderful right now. And Good Friday is only three days away so I shall have my peanut M & Ms in three days.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Still some type of cake. :nod:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
some kind of moist vanilla/yellow cake with nice cream cheese frosting..so NOT what I want to crave..or some nice fried crispy CHICKEN and my alltime fav-French fries but they have to be down in the fryer for extra 2 minutes-I like them crispy. And cool refreshing ketchup on them...I could eat these three things every day!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Still cake. :lol3:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are deprived. This is several days now you have been wanting some cake. Treat yourself today.

I would love to have some grilled fish.
Yes. @AbbysMom  and have a piece for me too. 

I should have made a smoothie before I left this morning but I didn't and now I want one. With peaches, dark sweet cherries, pineapple and vanilla soy milk. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes. @AbbysMom  and have a piece for me too. 

I should have made a smoothie before I left this morning but I didn't and now I want one. With peaches, dark sweet cherries, pineapple and vanilla soy milk. 
now that sounds yummy, now that summer is coming I dont mind eating fruit..but i am still wanting those bloody french fries..hahaha..had some last Thurs after work. And I will probably have some this weekend..something about french fries...dont know what they put in them..but yummy.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

now that sounds yummy, now that summer is coming I dont mind eating fruit..but i am still wanting those bloody french fries..hahaha..had some last Thurs after work. And I will probably have some this weekend..something about french fries...dont know what they put in them..but yummy.
I use frozen fruit in smoothies. Available year round and very convenient. 

I have been wanting these lately. I had some the other night. 15 individual servings my butt. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ohh those are absolutely the best in a fryolator!! Yummy! or baked for a good long while so they are not soggy. McDonalds makes them realy good..and I tell them to dump those cakes back in the oil for another 1 minute over the beeper timer=perfecto!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

ohh those are absolutely the best in a fryolator!! Yummy! or baked for a good long while so they are not soggy. McDonalds makes them realy good..and I tell them to dump those cakes back in the oil for another 1 minute over the beeper timer=perfecto!
Yes they are great fried. I cook them in the toaster oven for about 10 minutes longer than the package directions say so they are nice and crispy. I like the onion ones. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well now I want hash browns. :lol3:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been eating so much garbage the past week that a salad sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.