What does your username mean?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband and daughter nicknamed me Yosemite Sam because when I get really riled up I come out with both guns-a-blazin. They bought me car mats with Yosemite Sam on them as well.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is courtesy of my niece when she helped me set up my email account. I cut stones and make jewelry on occasion.

Yes, this type of thread has been done before, but it may have been lost in the Great Crash last year.

i am furniture

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The first day I got my cat he jumped right up on me like I was a peice of furniture. I was signing up for this site at the same time so that is what I chose.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I picked crittergirl because I am so drawn to all types of "critters" (remember the Beverly hillbillys?)I even fed all of the wild birds while visiting my sister in Florida. They would see me come out and flock to get a treat.

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have used Bossinova for just about everything the last couple of years. Bossinova was one of the first horses I helped train when I was working at and Arabian breeding farm. I loved that horse! I bonded very strongly with her, she was an amazing girl with a ton of personality.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we first had the computer, and were trying everything, including games, I needed a handle to record a score. My husband was standing behind me stroking my hair, which was down at the time, and said, "What about Rapunzel?" It worked, and I didn't think much about it again for years, until I started needing a username here and there, and wanted it to be the same everywhere, so I didn't need to remember too much.
It didn't take long to discover that other people liked the name, too, so rather than be rapunzel some places and rapunzel[fill in the number] other places, I chose a number I'd remember -- I was born in 1947 -- and high enough that it wouldn't likely be already taken.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GrayKittenLove because I love grey kitties. Although I spell Gray that way because the first site I tried to sign up to already had someone using GreyKittenLove.

kimichan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I lived in Japan, my friends and I found a statue of a girl in a park. Her name was "Kimichan" and it was said that she represented the love between a mother and daughter.

My friend knew how close my mom and I are and since my name is Kim, it just stuck! And it's been a nickname ever since.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Olly for my Oliver, and "Extra" was what Emma was named before we adopted her--we switched it to Emma because it still sounds similar--didn't want to confuse her too much--but calling her "Extra" made me afraid she's have low self esteem! Lol! I joined the site b4 we brought her home to get tips on introducing her to Oliver.
Now everybody's here and happy!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
jcat is just short for "Jamie Cat". It's not very original, and I've encountered a lot of other people on other sites using the same name.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

Renny means "small yet mighty" in....gaelic or celtic. I think it's fitting since i'm have to work to stretch to 5'3...but i shouldn't be underestimated because of that (which some people sometimes do...mostly guys)

great thread
I know how you feel... I'm only 5'2" myself!! Which is kinda where my username comes in. It's derived from the two Danish words "lille" meaning small... and "kat"... which, well, speaks for itself really.
How original!!

redhairedgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine's pretty obvious. My husband always calls me the Little Red Haired Girl, the one who Charlie Brown has the humongeous crush on in the Peanuts cartoons.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
mine's another one of those 'standard' screen names. my 1st name, my birth month & birthday...it's also my yahoo address. the number is high enough that no one else usually has it. even tho 'Laureen' is fairly unusual as a name, you'd be surprised how many i've run into on the net!
i chose my title because i sing...for concerts, school, community theatre... my mom used to say my sister & i would sing at the drop of a hat - & you didn't even need to drop it! i've been singing in public for people since i was 11.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is esrgirl because, well, I'm a girl, and I go to the Earlham School of Religion. At one point I was bsugirl, although not at this site, because I graduated from Ball State University. I am also very original!