What does your username mean?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

... and I stabbed in the index of one of my textbooks and the nearest goddesses name was Epona! (Gallo-Celtic mother goddess of the harvest, often depicted with horses or as a horse) ...
I thought you were into video games, Zelda in particular!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Momofmany ==> self explanatory

I was actually lurking around the site and noticed that momof10cats had recently gotten more than 10. I think I was at about 12 at the time, realized that my household always went up and down with the ferals, so chose the generic name.

fel-d1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
a question about fel-d1

June 19, 2002

Dear Allergy Nurse

I just moved into a house with hardwood floors and carpet in two rooms. My lanlord tells me I can't get a cat because once a cat lives in a house, the carpet will always give people with cat allergies reactions. Is this true? Doesn't a good steam cleaning deal with that? What part of a cat makes people allergic...the fur? Dander? If i can tell them it is not true they will let me get a cat! Please Help! -- Ivy, Seattle

-------------------------------------------------
The part of the cat that makes people allergic is called Fel d1. This is a protein secreted by the cat's sebaceous glands in the skin, and also by the salivary glands. This protein is sticky and easily adheres to walls, carpet, clothing, furniture, and bedding.

I replaced my carpet a few years ago and have not owned a cat since. I never had a cat in my bedroom. My carpet has been steam cleaned several times since installation. We used to have cats in our neighborhood, but I rarely see them anymore. I found it interesting that the Allergen Alert Home Allergen Detector I used last December indicated a moderate exposure of Fel d1 in my bedroom carpet. For more about the Allergen Alert, click here.

Cat allergen can be tracked in on shoes or brought in on clothing of visitors who have cats. Even for those who don't have cats, the doctor I work for recommends including it in the mixes for shots because cat dander is impossible to avoid.

Most authorities recommend regular steam cleaning of carpets for those who suffer from cat allergies. However, the best protection is to remove the carpet and use throw rugs which can be easily cleaned. Other things that will help include keeping the cat outside or at least out of your bedroom; using an air cleaner; and cleaning your cat with a product formulated to remove cat allergens while keeping your cat's coat conditioned and moisturized. (Click here for information from one of our sponsors about this product.)
taken from http://allergynursing.com/questions/cats.php

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

My user name literally means I'm a child of a Salem Witch.

A few years ago after my great grandmother died my grandmother had our lineage traced. Then she sent me a copy. Turns out I'm the 10th great granddaughter of Susannah Martin who was one of the women hung during the witch trials of Salem, Mass 1692. You can learn more about her on my web page at www.salemwitchchild.net/SMArticle
That is SOOOOOOO cool...

Originally Posted by EricaNicole

which stands for Mikey Elton John Tiny Dancer.
That is my favourite song of his.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My user name is the same name on every board (except 1) that I belong too.

I love LSU as much as life itself, so its LSULOVER

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well the best I could do with my kits names (Pepsi & Dino and Moofi) was
Moodinpeps......didnt like that, so I when for Moofi as she is our baby and well shes a cat

MOOFICAT

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is ln (ellyn) b(1st initial of last name) and cats..
another user name that I have is C2SHNGC - my license plate meaning Sea To Shining Sea
I though I was clever, but hardling anyone can figure either one out - including my friends! Go figure!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is named after my cat Reeses. the PBC stands for Peanut Butter Cat (or Peanut Butter Cup), because her colors remind me of a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Sundae.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I thought it meant vertically challenged person who is loud to compensate for it.
This is partially true
But I never let being small stop me, I may have to try a little harder but that makes me smarter, because one has to figure out how to geterdone

As for the loud part you need to have a big mouth to get your point across, Don't ever cross me Neeta I could put the hurt on need it be
When I'm mad it's bad ( I'm a poet and don't know it)

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My username was something I got a long time ago when I used to use AOHELL. I just let it pick me a username with the word "Sweet" in it and so Sweet72947 was born. I just used it ever since because its something I remember.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I joined forum I didn't have any cats of my own, but I am Auntie to Oliver & Tripod and I live in Pt St John (PSJ). Since I have been a member I have been adopted by Callie and her kittens Callinte & Smoky. Of course DH says we don't have any cats but he sure does make sure that they are fed and tries to catch the kitties every chance he gets. They are somewhat feral but we are trying to tame. Callie will come to us but kits are still unsure.