What does your ribbon stand for?

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would like to see a Teal ribbon, as it is the actual color for gynecological cancers, especially ovarian. While I feel deeply for our pink warriors, not every woman suffers from breast cancer. I would like to see better education when it comes to silent cancers like ovarian and peritoneal. Early detection is the best shot at survival.

I lost my mom 17 days ago to OVCA/Peritoneal ca and I am still so broken inside that there are no words for the pain.

Getting off my soapbox now.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine are:

White: Adoptee, right to life. I am adopted and I completely believe in the right to life cause. I thank God every day that my birth mother believed it too, even though she was raped.

USA: 9/11/01 victims. I lost a few very close friends that day, and my husband worked down there until June 2002 in the GPS unit, locating remains of his brothers (FDNY, PD and PAPD) and victims that were murdered.

Silver: Children with disabilities. Both my middle sons have disabilities. My oldest son has motor skill issues, and my middle son has dyslexia. Both are my heroes.

I will be buying a yellow ribbon for support of our troops, My Godson serves in the USAF he is stationed in Belgium right now, and my nephew is a Marine, stationed in Afghanistan.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Pink- Breast cancer. A dear friend of mine is going through chemo right now for her breast cancer. I want to show my support.

USA- Remembering 9-11. I've had 2 family members involved.. one survived by running for his life.. the other was a cop at the time and he had to help search for survivors (and non-survivors) for days after.

Animal abuse- says it all

Yellow- Supporting the USA troops over seas.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I have two.
The turquoise-ish one (I think that's the color) is for Against Animal Abuse.
My purple one is for Alzheimer's Disease, as my grandfather had it, and my mother currently has it.

Amanda
The ribbon for animal abuse is green, grey and white. Myself and another member created it after I rescued an abused kitty that didn't survive. The grey and white were her fur colors and green were her eyes.It's in remembrance of that kitty and of all animals that suffer in silence.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

The ribbon for animal abuse is green, grey and white. Myself and another member created it after I rescued an abused kitty that didn't survive. The grey and white were her fur colors and green were her eyes.It's in remembrance of that kitty and of all animals that suffer in silence.
aww, that just makes the ribbon all more special. thank you for sharing that

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bellaandme

Thanks... for the life of me, I couldn't figure out the colors on it. I knew someone here made it specifically because some of us wanted one, but I was only looking at my ribbons and couldn't tell the color (they are kinda small).

Amanda

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have yellow in support of our troops and also for a child in a nearby county who went missing years ago. I did not know her, but I know people who helped in the search for her. (She was never found.) The green ribbon is for kidney disease. And the ribbon for abused animals, something I feel very strongly about.

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have the ribbon that is for anti-animal abuse, and then the blue one is for education and SAVE THE MUSIC!!!! mostly, but I believe in all the other causes it stands for as well- free speech especially.

Music education is in a sorry state where I live, and I really hope that someday soon that can change with more knowledge and funding!