What does your ribbon stand for?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far I have

Grey - Asthma because pretty much everyone in my family suffers from it
Lavender - Cancer for my aunts who are now both in remission
Yellow - Military Support for some very good friends (and their SO's) who serve in various armies

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought the grey ribbon for myself today. My dad is a long time insulin dependent diabetic. So its mainly for him.

The grey ribbon also stands for mental illness. I was a psych major in college with a particular interest in that area, so my ribbon is for that as well.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My red and yellow ribbon is in support of Tricia's student and other people living with and fighting Hepatitis. My blue ribbon is in memory of my mother who passed of colon cancer in 1991

The next I plan on getting is the green ribbon, for bone marrow donation. I'm on the national bone marrow donor registry, and have been contacted for further testing (I haven't been a match so far). Also, I work with someone who had childhood leukemia and is prospering now due to a bone marrow transplant.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the idea is a NICE one!!
I have a Brother with Hepatitis C.......don't have a ribbon for that.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought the one tonight that supports Prostate Cancer, which my Grandpa died from a few years ago

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could buy just about ALL of them to represent someone I know or love.That's the sad part.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay I have added a few today
Pink for Breast cancer: My MIL and good friend are survivors
Green for Leukemia: My Poppy(Grandfather) died from it

Pearl is for Lung cancer, that's what Bella had
And lung Disease for my best friend's mom who is very ill from it

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like Tricia mentioned, some of us have put up red and yellow ribbons to support her student with Hepatitis C, but I also have it for others out there who are living with the disease.

My green one is for a few causes:
Depression ~ I have a few family members and friends living with depression

Kidney Disease ~ my grandmother
suffered with kidney disease for many years. Also it runs in the family, and a couple of my family members have signs indicating that it may effect them in the future.

Kidney Transplantation ~ again for my grandmother, who had two kidney transplants

Organ Donation ~ again for Nanny, if it wasn't for the two people who donated their organs, I may not have had to chance to get to know her (she raised me).

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Red and Yellow ribbon is for "Tricia's Poster Child", too, as well as others living with Hepatitis C.

My Pink ribbon is for Breast Cancer, for my MIL, who is a Survivor.

My Red ribbon is for HIV/AIDS, in memory of Wilf, in particular, and other friends; and also in support of more than one close friend, now living with HIV.

Like others, I could probably add them all, and there are certainly several more that I will add.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like the ribbon idea. I finally had enough points to get a ribbon and found out they had a LGBT one so I bought it. I am planning to get ribbons for lung cancer [my dad's mom died from it], liver cancer (if they have one) [my dad's dad died from it], breast cancer [I have family members and family friends that have had it], mental illness and depression [for myself and my grandmother].

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is for a friend that is over in afghanistan and all the other men and women over there for us.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I had a ribbon it would be for a rare genetic skin condition that is particularly prominent in my mother's side of the family. This condition causes blistering at the slightest rub and is particularly prone to sunburns; this is the mild form of E.B., called the simplex (please don't ask me what its full medical term is, I would fall off my chair trying to spell it!) There is another more serious form which literally cripples and is much more serious than the condition in our family. I have seen both conditions and I know a person with the worse form, she can't walk and she is covered in bandages most of the time because her skin is peeling off at the slightest touch. If you have seen the TLC documentary called "The Boy Who's Skin Fell Off", this is the disease that I am talking about. There are only about 100 cases of E.B Simplex in Canada, and out of those 100 people we have four in our family. I might be a carrier of E.B, so my children might have it, and from what I have seen it is a hard thing to live with.

So, I guess I would be supporting research for E.B (and I do, there is a foundation), and those people who are living with this rare and terrible disease. If there was a turquoise/blue ribbon, I would buy it.

I would also have a pink ribbon for Cancer, in memory of family members who have died from it.

But ...... I don't have enough points yet.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Quill_luv

If I had a ribbon it would be for a rare genetic skin condition that is particularly prominent in my mother's side of the family. This condition causes blistering at the slightest rub and is particularly prone to sunburns; this is the mild form of E.B., called the simplex (please don't ask me what its full medical term is, I would fall off my chair trying to spell it!) There is another more serious form which literally cripples and is much more serious than the condition in our family. I have seen both conditions and I know a person with the worse form, she can't walk and she is covered in bandages most of the time because her skin is peeling off at the slightest touch. If you have seen the TLC documentary called "The Boy Who's Skin Fell Off", this is the disease that I am talking about. There are only about 100 cases of E.B Simplex in Canada, and out of those 100 people we have four in our family. I might be a carrier of E.B, so my children might have it, and from what I have seen it is a hard thing to live with.

So, I guess I would be supporting research for E.B (and I do, there is a foundation), and those people who are living with this rare and terrible disease. If there was a turquoise/blue ribbon, I would buy it.

I would also have a pink ribbon for Cancer, in memory of family members who have died from it.

But ...... I don't have enough points yet.
check your Pm box!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've added the 9/11 victims and heroes ribbon for everybody, because most of the world has been affected by terrorist attacks, or the threat thereof. I'm also planning on adding several more, e.g., for breast cancer, Alzheimer's, bone marrow transplants, HIV, ...... ETA, I've just added a ribbon for Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS), in honor of my great uncle, and my cousin, both of whom died of it far too early in life.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me
Black - Mourning
Lavender - Testicular Cancer (lost somone dear to me)
Grey - Brain cancer (both my grandmother and best friend died from this)
Purple - Crohn's Colitis (I have been suffering from a form of it)
Yellow - Both supporting our troups and suicide awareness