What does your menu look like?

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do most people feed themselves to avoid being miserable and having high doctor bills? A human's dietary needs are more complicated than a cat's. But most of us manage not to suffer from malnutrition.
I'm sure there's a way to do a raw diet wrong and make your pet sick. But there's probably a lot more illness caused by store-brand kibble. Which is supposedly "complete and balanced". And most of time when you hear about a raw diet gone wrong, it's because the person didn't use common sense. If there's no calcium in the diet, if the diet is all liver, if there's no variety in the diet . . .those should be red flags to anyone with common sense. But then those are probably the people who would otherwise feed store-brand kibble, maybe..
I was saying I would be more comfortable feeding ground meat than frankenprey, not cooked instead of raw - at least in the beginning.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most likely the former. If the human food chain was safe in any way, there would be no such thing as food poisoning.
And how many times have you suffered from food poisoning? Or your mom, who makes the food (and handles the raw meat)?

I'm 49, and I've had food poisoning (in the U.S.) twice in my life. Both were seafood-related.

:dk:

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And how many times have you suffered from food poisoning? Or your mom, who makes the food (and handles the raw meat)?
I'm 49, and I've had food poisoning (in the U.S.) twice in my life. Both were seafood-related.
:dk:
I am 38..... I had once.... With Mayonnaise, in a store bought sandwich.... boy that was bad :thud:

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My menu is as follows. I rotate proteins a lot, so they eat a different protein almost each day of the week. My two cats love it. :)

Monday:
Breakfast 6am - NV Instinct Raw Organic Chicken Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.
Snack 1pm - 10 PureBites freeze dried chicken treats each.
Dinner 6pm - NV Instinct Raw Organic Chicken Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.

Tuesday:
Breakfast 6am - NV Instinct Raw Beef Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.
Dinner 6pm - NV Instinct Raw Beef Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.

Wednesday:
Breakfast 6am - NV Instinct Raw Lamb Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.
Dinner 6pm - NV Instinct Raw Lamb Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.

Thursday:
Breakfast 6am - NV Instinct Duck Raw Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.
Dinner 6pm - NV Instinct Raw Duck Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.

Friday:
Breakfast 6am - NV Instinct Bison Raw Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.
Dinner 6pm - NV Instinct Raw Bison Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.

Saturday:
Breakfast 6am - NV Instinct Raw Rabbit Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.
Dinner 6pm - NV Instinct Raw Rabbit Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.

Monday:
Breakfast 6am - NV Instinct Raw Organic Chicken Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.
Dinner 6pm - NV Instinct Raw Organic Chicken Formula. 2.6oz of a medallion for Cookie, 1.5oz for Cuddles.

If anyone has any opinions on how I can improve, lemme know. :)

kittylover23

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The only problem I saw was forgetting after Saturday comes Sunday. :doh3:
:doh3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: Wow, I can't believe I did that! Thanks! :lol3:

Gah and I can't edit it now...oh well, I do feed the organic chicken on Sunday as well. The kitties don't seem to mind chicken two days in a row. :lol3: But I am going to shuffle up the schedule soon.

Last edited:

burretje

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats' menu depends on what meats I can get my hands on. They always eat meat in the morning, a snack of organs in the afternoon and meaty bones in the evening. At this point the menu looks like this:

Monday

morning: horse meat

afternoon: heart (chicken, duck or lam)

evening: chickenneck

Tuesday

morning: turkey 

afternoon: liver (chicken or duck)

evening: quail carcass

Wednesday

morning: rabbit meat

afternoon: heart (chicken, duck or lam)

evening: partridge carcass

Thursday

morning: veal or beef

afternoon: rabbit kidney

evening: guinea fowl carcass

Friday:

morning: turkey meat

evening: duckwings

Saturday

morning: rabbit meat

afternoon: liver (chicken or duck)

evening: quail carcass

Sunday:

morning: deer meat

evening: partridge carcass

Occasionally I feed them fish (once every other week or so), day old chicks or raw eggs.